7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin is about to sign the papers on a lease today...here are the details:

2016 Volt LT with comfort package + all weather floormats, MSRP $34,655

Pre-incentive price: $30,999
Term: 36 months
Miles: 12k/year
Rebates: $7,470 CCR + $1k private offer = $8,470
With all possible fees and taxes (6.25% MA use tax) rolled into the monthly lease payments and $0 money down, monthly payment is $240.98.

After factoring in the $2,500 MA EV rebate, the final true out of pocket monthly payment will be $171.60. Even got the dealer to throw in a free cargo net. I think I've pretty much worked the dealer over as much as I can.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
My cousin is about to sign the papers on a lease today...here are the details:

2016 Volt LT with comfort package + all weather floormats, MSRP $34,655

Pre-incentive price: $30,999
Term: 36 months
Miles: 12k/year
Rebates: $7,470 CCR + $1k private offer = $8,470
With all possible fees and taxes (6.25% MA use tax) rolled into the monthly lease payments and $0 money down, monthly payment is $240.98.

After factoring in the $2,500 MA EV rebate, the final true out of pocket monthly payment will be $171.60. Even got the dealer to throw in a free cargo net. I think I've pretty much worked the dealer over as much as I can.
Yes, that looks like a pretty sweet deal. I am generally against leasing, but sometimes, it makes a lot of sense. This looks to be one of those times:)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looks like a good deal. Here's a checklist that might be of help:

Before Pickup

When you receive the notice for pickup, consider the following before heading in.

Ensure front license plate holder is installed (if applicable)

Ensure the latest*software updates & service bulletins were applied (to include Android Auto)

Request battery is fully charged & fuel tank is topped off

Request to pickup your car during daylight hours. It will be helpful during the exterior inspection.

During Pickup Time

Consider the following checks before driving off the lot.

Exterior

Thoroughly inspect the car's*paint for chips, scratches & other imperfections.

Open & close each door to ensure they are aligned properly & latch with minimal effort

Check the tire pressure & ensure they are at least 36 PSI

Ensure you have 4 identical tires (verify tire markings)

Interior

Test both car remotes to ensure they both work.

Ensure floor mats are present

Check trunk parts are present incl.

a. inflator
b. sealant
c. carrying bag for inflator & sealant
d. tow hook
e. Level 1 EVSE charger in side compartment
f. cargo cover

Lastly, don't buy anything that F&I offers.

Good luck!

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whelp, my cousin showed up at the dealership yesterday, and everything that was discussed over email was what showed up on the papers. Imagine that...a car dealer that doesn't play games! Rare breed indeed. Final monthly actually went down 2 cents/month. :p

He will pick up his new '16 Volt this morning! To think I almost got him in a Cruze!

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And the deal is done! Cousin is now driving around in his new '16 Volt!

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Great deal, should note GM makes you pay the first payment at drive-off so it's effective lease $171.60 x 35 = $6006.00 net...Outstanding deal, heck, I would negotiated another $25 off the sales price just to get the total net below $6000!

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great deal, should note GM makes you pay the first payment at drive-off so it's effective lease $171.60 x 35 = $6006.00 net...Outstanding deal, heck, I would negotiated another $25 off the sales price just to get the total net below $6000!
Only thing he had to pay at the dealership was $110 in tag fees. So 35 payments x $240.96 +110 -$2,500 = $6,043.60
They did throw in a rear cargo net ($65), so subtracting that, we can say the final OOP was under $6k. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts