GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM a womens view.A family holiday dinner(at my house)some family members are asked to bring a dish. Some are better at baking,salads,and so on.The iffy ones bring rolls or beverages.You at GM are the meat and gravy.Buick has standed for quality,great designs,a darn good engine (Century) and a feel for the bling(Electra.)Yes, times are diffrent now we all know this, but go back to some of your roots. Americans do want battery cars. Plugging in a car over night is not a problem.We want head room in our cars.No more pothole head banging in small cars.Please dont make the seats the size to fit a skelton.Many cars I cant fit into with a nice comfort zone. (Im 5'9 125 lbs.)The Volt is a good design. If I want a box,with four wheels they are in every city.Make it affordable at $25,000.00.You can do it! Two or three years from now when gas is 15 dollars a gallon I want to be in my Volt !Jump ahead please, the time is now!Its a sharp design with a battery to boot.Keep in mind, other companies have eatten your lunch,time for all of you at GM to step up to the dinner table!

·
Registered
103 Posts
"We want head room in our cars. No more pothole head banging in small cars."

Preach it sister!

I'm 6"4" and look straight into the sun visor or the windshield tint band on small and not so small GM cars. The fear is the Volt will be the same situation. It appears that GM just doesn't want to sell cars to everyone (shrug). If GM can't raise the roof, then lower the seat AND make sure it goes back far enough.

Pot lucks are great, just hope GM brings something tasty to the table.

·
Registered
878 Posts
If I recall, Bob Lutz said the Volt would be designed to fit the US population between the 5th and 95th percentile for height. From what I can see, the 5th percentile for women in the US is about 5'0" and for men is 6'-3". Beyond those limits, you may have to shop at the "GM Big and Tall Store".

The generation 1 Volt may not fit "all" people, but there will be other EREV's following on its heels that should handle every body type, cargo, family size, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts