GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm new to all of this and just bought a GE Durastation for the garage. Do I have to make any mods or changes to the car before using this? I thought I read something about it somewhere, but maybe that was just if using a 240v outlet. I can't recall. Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just plug in .......it is that simple! I'm surprised that folks are disappointed that the only benefit is faster charging............. it is as if they need or want more tangible feedback for the L2 upgrade.......perhaps an additional color light or a congratulatory screen......I recall reading a fairly recent post where the proud owner was showing his Wife the vehicle plugged in to the L2 evse and there was nothing visibly different for her to admire.............

·
Registered
200 Posts
I also have the durastation, it does the job. Enjoy the faster charging.

When I started using mine, it seemed a little stiff when connecting it to the car compared to other chargers I had used, but that changed over the course of a few months.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My Durastation was more than "a little stff." There's a rubber gasket in the bottom of the connector I assume to improve the weather proof feature of the durastation. Since mine is in my garage out of the weather, I pulled out the gasket with a small pliers and now the connector is as smooth as any other.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just finished wiring it. Solid green lights all around! Thanks for the info. My wife is the same way. She looked at the charger, then shook her head abs walked away. I think she's jealous. Her minivan doesn't have heated leather seats or built in GPS :wink:

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
When I started using mine, it seemed a little stiff ... but that changed over the course of a few months.
Sounds like a guy thing. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts