GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today when I went to charge using the L1 EVSE that came with my 2012 Volt, I found that it didn't start charging my car when I connected it. The lights on the unit also would not come on. I connected it to other outlets I do know that work, with no success.

Tomorrow I'm going to the dealer to have them take a look at it. Do we know of a common cause of these EVSE failures? Perhaps a fuse?

It's been 100% reliable up until today, and it's the original 2012 EVSE that came with the car.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Most likely a Fuse the 2011~12 L1 EVSEs were not very good. The 2013+ were built by Clipper Creek and are better built, the 2011/12 were built by Lear.

For yours to make it this long was pretty good, if they do not replace it under warranty you could try fixing it.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Our 2012 EVSE also croaked after a year or so. Didn't completely fail, but would throw blinking red lights frequently. Got it replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
My 2012 EVSE still works great, but I don't use it all that often. Mostly only on the weekends, when I don't charge at work.

·
Registered
475 Posts
3,600 Posts
Today when I went to charge using the L1 EVSE that came with my 2012 Volt, I found that it didn't start charging my car when I connected it. The lights on the unit also would not come on. I connected it to other outlets I do know that work, with no success.

Tomorrow I'm going to the dealer to have them take a look at it. Do we know of a common cause of these EVSE failures? Perhaps a fuse?

It's been 100% reliable up until today, and it's the original 2012 EVSE that came with the car.

Hello Powered7,

I apologize your EVSE stopped working. How did the dealership visit go today?

Katie O.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 9 of 9 Posts