GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,416 Posts

·
Registered
13,562 Posts
If I had $1.9M to blow on a car, I think I would prefer to buy 25 ELRs at MSRP and hand them out to the first 25 to PM me. There is wealthy and then there is showing off. There are a lot of people who are extremely wealthy where I live, but most drive sleeper cars that don't show it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As to the Regera's interior ...

Koenigsegg_Regera_interior.jpg

... well, I'm trying to like it. Reminds me of a 60's kit-kar sort of design. Would certainly not qualify as a "sleeper" car in LLninja's neighborhood, I suppose...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
If I had $1.9M to blow on a car, I think I would prefer to buy 25 ELRs at MSRP and hand them out to the first 25 to PM me. There is wealthy and then there is showing off. There are a lot of people who are extremely wealthy where I live, but most drive sleeper cars that don't show it.
Can I PM you now, early, just in case you get the 1.9M to blow on a car.

Fun to look at, not practical, not going to get built in any great numbers...

·
Registered
13,562 Posts
Can I PM you now, early, just in case you get the 1.9M to blow on a car.

Fun to look at, not practical, not going to get built in any great numbers...
You've already PMed me multiple times, so you'd be on the list. So is dogMom and elemental as well as many others. Too bad the inbox limit is so low, I don't remember everyone's forum names who has PMed.

That said, there's a real likelihood that I'll never be able to afford $1.9M on a car, so PMing is futile. I'll be lucky to have that much saved up in total net worth upon retirement. I do however have a favorite penny stock amongst a number of big name (apple, chipotle, zillow, solar city, Twitter, Disney, way fair, whole foods) tried and true investments that could take off if a certain company were to use some key bit of technology, so the chances are not zero.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
If that vehicle breaks down on a highway, it will be the worl'd most expensive mobile paperweight!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
$1.9 million is ridiculous on just about any level. Can you imagine the poor teenager who isn't paying attention and runs into the car and gets a bill for half-a-million dollars to repair it?

I agree with llninja, if somebody gave me $1.9 million to go buy a car... I'd get a Tesla P85D, and a BMW i8 for myself. Then I'd buy all of my friends and family an affordable EV of their choice to further the cause.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Ok, but only if you customize it by putting 5th seat into it and go through the hassle of EU registering it for towing certification.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
$1.9 million is ridiculous on just about any level. Can you imagine the poor teenager who isn't paying attention and runs into the car and gets a bill for half-a-million dollars to repair it?

I agree with llninja, if somebody gave me $1.9 million to go buy a car... I'd get a Tesla P85D, and a BMW i8 for myself. Then I'd buy all of my friends and family an affordable EV of their choice to further the cause.
Probably can't buy enough under-insured motor vehicle coverage for that... I'd buy a Vtrux too... WITH the solar PV array on the tonneau cover option. Since we are dreaming... And I would have a solar PV charging station with a fresnel lens on it like Ford was demonstrating with the C-MAX PHEV. ANd then buy all my friends and family whatever "affordable" BEV they wanted. LLninja included.

·
Registered
13,562 Posts
Probably can't buy enough under-insured motor vehicle coverage for that... I'd buy a Vtrux too... WITH the solar PV array on the tonneau cover option. Since we are dreaming... And I would have a solar PV charging station with a fresnel lens on it like Ford was demonstrating with the C-MAX PHEV. ANd then buy all my friends and family whatever "affordable" BEV they wanted. LLninja included.
Sound like the first person to win the lottery (either with a ticket or in life) is buying cars for everyone else.

I still have a problem with driving a car as expensive as a house. I won't be buying a Tesla P85D or i8 as a matter of principle even if I did get some sort of windfall. Heck, if I stay true to my buying habits my next vehicle would need to be less than $23K as I haven't purchased anything more expensive than that so far (the volt kind of skirts that rule, I counted the fed tax credit and state rebates even though they came along later well after I purchased the vehicle). Still dreaming of finding an ELR for $44.5K so I can keep this streak going.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts