GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our '17 Kinetic blue Volt for about 2 months now and I have to say that the color is getting rave reviews. Several times a week someone will come up to me or my wife and compliment us on the looks of the new Volt, especially the color. This is in stark contrast to this rarely happening when we had our dark blue '13 Volt.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
We've had our '17 Kinetic blue Volt for about 2 months now and I have to say that the color is getting rave reviews. Several times a week someone will come up to me or my wife and compliment us on the looks of the new Volt, especially the color. This is in stark contrast to this rarely happening when we had our dark blue '13 Volt.
When we first say the blue color of the 2016 Volt on the internet, it was not as pleasing as in the flesh. Because of that, we got the Heather gray color. Your blue Volt is much more distinctive, and easy to spot in a parking lot. Unfortunately, our gray Volt blends in with all the other cars so not easy to find. Oh well, at least we enjoy the drive.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have experienced the same type of reactions. Everybody that has looked at the car was very complimentary of the color. The blue stitching on the seats, shift knob, and the blue ambient lighting finish off the look. The color looks amazing in the sun (which we rarely see in IL). I couldn't resist getting the blue after seeing it at the auto show.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
It really pops and there are lots of blue contrasts on the inside...If you want to take it a step further could use black plastidip on the chrome surrounding the windows...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I too have had a lot of coworkers and friends and even some strangers give positive feedback on the Kinetic blue Metallic. It really does sparkle under sunlight. I'm usually a red car person, but I am very happy with my choice to try out the blue in my '17 Volt.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yep, same reaction here in Massachusetts. It's to the point that I exCLUsively keep my ambient lighting to its deep blue color as well and almost never change it :)

Bruce

·
Registered
568 Posts
I had the same sort of reaction when I had my Velocity Yellow Z06 -- it was super bright and the yellow tintcoat made it really pop. Would always have people asking about it or generally loving it. I havent' seen the Kinetic blue in real life, but all the pics/video of it really makes it looks slick.

I went with the heather grey metallic for my '17 :) should be built in 2 weeks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Good choice! I too went with Kinetic Blue - Representing Dodger Blue!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have experienced the same type of reactions. Everybody that has looked at the car was very complimentary of the color. The blue stitching on the seats, shift knob, and the blue ambient lighting finish off the look. The color looks amazing in the sun (which we rarely see in IL). I couldn't resist getting the blue after seeing it at the auto show.
+1 Agree to everything, including the lack of sun (Seattle area).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah, I really love that color. Am not surprised to hear this. Was a great decision from GM.

(I think the grey looks awesome too, though, and I am not normally a fan of grey.)

Only thing I think GM flubbed on was the extreme chrome. :p :D But I understand that's easy enough to have fixed after delivery.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I also love the color. Way better than my 2012 Crystal Red Tricoat.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I saw a blue 2017 Volt that looked like a Donald Trump beauty contestant. I still like my 2013 Volt in the deep maroon red tintcoat, but the blue remains in my dreams at night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts