GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
It's never been a price issue with Hyundai/Kia EVs. It's been availability and brand.
The Soul EV was not trouble free when compared to other EVs.

·
Administrator
20,674 Posts
Make American auto manufacturers great again and create new jobs by giving a $7500 price advantage to overseas auto manufacturers...

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Since it's a "limited availability" vehicle it doesn't matter for the roughly two thirds of the country who can't buy it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I prefer the Kia brand over is counterpart. My only reservation is that under 300 miles real world mileage. Is going to limit Western us sales until there is a charger in every corner and an excess of charger access on long drives through rural Western US. Look at gas vehicles. Almost every vehicle can do 300+ on a tank. And gas station are on every corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Yes but it won't always be that way. We just started on the EV highway. We've been on the gas highway for a hundred years now and the big complaint at that beginning was there are hardly any gas stations but you're horse could eat grass anywhere along the highway plus they didn't break down in the middle of nowhere like cars always did. Look what happened.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Make American auto manufacturers great again and create new jobs by giving a $7500 price advantage to overseas auto manufacturers...
Congress will get right to fixing the law, after lunch.

0c15cb9808701db7a1ff8fc956fad953.jpg

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yes but it won't always be that way. We just started on the EV highway. We've been on the gas highway for a hundred years now and the big complaint at that beginning was there are hardly any gas stations but you're horse could eat grass anywhere along the highway plus they didn't break down in the middle of nowhere like cars always did. Look what happened.
Hence, why Chevy and every other brand was stupid not to continue investing in hybrid to facilitate the transition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Volt_Tron

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
It's never been a price issue with Hyundai/Kia EVs. It's been availability and brand.
The Soul EV was not trouble free when compared to other EVs.
Did a quick search. 2016 was biggest complaint year. Charging port lock connector was biggest complaint, not the end of the world. (Car complaints website). No complaints on the 2018 model year. They get to the problems pretty fast. Next generation coming out soon.

·
Super Moderator
6,367 Posts
GM had a several year lead and squandered it IMO. I think they met their internal goals and purpose tho. We'll see how that works out for them as all the competition near (USA) and far make their move.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Those companies who waited, some even publicly denouncing EV adoption are the big winners.

GM hit their 200k early. Nissan did not, nor any other foreign producers.

Why the last administration did not address this is puzzling until you see who was doing the most lobbying in California and New York.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
:rolleyes:

That sentence was ignorant AF. But carry on.
:(
It's called 'Sarcasm'. Look it up.

And maybe a little 'Irony', in that these late blooming EV feriners are getting a federal tax 'helping hand'.

Meanwhile, Made in America EV's, which hire Americans, Pay American taxes (without offshore tax shenanigans) are at a disadvantage in this growing market place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts