GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new-to-me 2013 Volt doesn't seem to be working with the keyless entry. I'm not sure where the settings are for that feature. Can someone walk me through what the settings are that control this feature and and how they should be set to allow the keyless entry to work? The keyless ignition works just fine so the fob is working and the car is detecting it. I think I'm just missing a setting in the configs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. No Bueno.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Config ----> Vehicle Settings ----> Power Door Locks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I'll take a look at the settings when I get out of work. I played with it a bit over my lunch. I can get the doors to lock when I get out of the vehicle, but they won't unlock when I press the button on the door handles I tried all of them.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
might be a weakening remote battery, I just a few months ago finally replaced the ones in my 2103 fobs.
also, some of the door buttons have been affected by water getting in them during car washes, that's why a previous post includes having you check all 4 of the buttons.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I think it took me time to remember to use the double push and get more doors unlocked.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I left work today I tried again and this time I tried pulling on the handle while pressing the button and it worked. That's different from my wife's 2015 but if it works consistently I think I'm set.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
When I left work today I tried again and this time I tried pulling on the handle while pressing the button and it worked. That's different from my wife's 2015 but if it works consistently I think I'm set.
Should not have to pull on the handle. Should work just like the 2015.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I would definitely try replacing the remote battery before spending time on other approaches. Just because the ignition works with the fob inside does not mean the remote locks must also work with the fob outside. Always nice if a problem turns out to be a simple, easy, cheap fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts