Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keyes Hurry Down 5 of these only! Rick Alpern

2017 Volt

1500 down

36x199 plus tax
10k lease

Must have Private offer , Competitive lease or lease loyalty ! (500.00 more down if not)

Since you may qualify to get 1500.00 from state this means zero down to you.

Hurry down.

Rick Alpern 818 231 1286

·
Registered
188 Posts
What is the monthly payment?
What style and options?
Out of state buyers welcome?

·
Registered
188 Posts
No bonus tag on these units. The deal is the deal. I think I kept it pretty simple?

Volt LT
Uhhhh no you didn't there no facts or anything

HELLO MCFLY!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Essentially, $240.66 plus tax a month if you don't qualify for the CA rebate. The only thing he left out is the vehicle options and colors.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
In Rick's defense, that's his offer meaning you could probably negotiate, but understand every deal is different...Credit varies, some may qualify for additional incentives and may or may not have a trade in...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
In Rick's defense, that's his offer meaning you could probably negotiate, but understand every deal is different...Credit varies, some may qualify for additional incentives and may or may not have a trade in...
I hate having to make deals. It means that others will pay less at the expense of those who pay more. It wastes time, unfair and breeds discontentment. Why do car dealerships insist on it? Only those who are good at making deals would support this unfair trade practice and the dealerships have been at it before we were born, so it is lopsided.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I hate having to make deals. It means that others will pay less at the expense of those who pay more. It wastes time, unfair and breeds discontentment. Why do car dealerships insist on it? Only those who are good at making deals would support this unfair trade practice and the dealerships have been at it before we were born, so it is lopsided.
100% agree...This is the sub-minimum wage, 60+ hour work week commission-base franchise dealership model which allows you can buy under invoice that 99.99% dealerships follow...You could support .01% of dealerships who pay their salesman a salary but you'll pay more for your car...

·
Registered
28 Posts
^^ The customers actually are what breeds that type of business model. How often do you hear people say they shop around for the best price and go from dealer to dealer to look at the same car over and over again? It's our responsibility to get the best price possible. It's the dealer's responsibility to make deals that will keep it afloat as a business.

I bet you guys would still be complaining if the entire car industry followed Tesla's model. Everyone pays the price on the window. That way nobody gets an "unfair" deal. Being able to negotiate a deal is good my friend. It keeps prices lower and keeps them competitive.

·
Registered
678 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I would be ecstatic!
Lol! You can, just pull out a check, say to the dealer "I'm sold, I'll take it! How much should I write the check for?"

·
Registered
473 Posts
Most people are such fools they think that even in retail chain stores that the advertised price is the price. Most people don't know that almost all store manager's can easily give you 10-15% of the advertised price, even sale pricing, if they want to. Even if they can't lower the price they can bundle a deal for accessories, service plans, upgrades, etc.

You have to haggle people, that's part of the fun of buying stuff!

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Most people are such fools they think that even in retail chain stores that the advertised price is the price. Most people don't know that almost all store manager's can easily give you 10-15% of the advertised price, even sale pricing, if they want to. Even if they can't lower the price they can bundle a deal for accessories, service plans, upgrades, etc.

You have to haggle people, that's part of the fun of buying stuff!
Not really true...Sure there are stores including Best Buy where they CAN lower the price on big ticket items...Rarely do they say "sure", it's often the older items...I've had more trouble with customer service calling over managers who decline a price match for various reasons..."We don't PM with apple products", "that store isn't within a 25 mile radius of here" and "we don't match a stores online prices but if you show us a circular we will match it"...Have been my recent declines...

·
Registered
495 Posts
I bet you guys would still be complaining if the entire car industry followed Tesla's model. Everyone pays the price on the window. That way nobody gets an "unfair" deal. Being able to negotiate a deal is good my friend. It keeps prices lower and keeps them competitive.
Negotiation is fine, but realize that you are negotiating a resellers price based on an MSRP that is artificially inflated so dealers can get a good cut. If two resellers are selling the same product, even if they compete, they aren't going to offer the consumer a better price than they got themselves from the manufacturer. They are middle men, and they make a LOT of money sitting between you and the factory, all the while giving you not a lot of value with a really lousy sales experience and terrible service.

Let's say GM builds the Volt and their cost is $25,000, including factory rebates. They sell the Volt to a dealer, after holdback, for $30,000 ($5,000 profit to GM). Then they slap a $35,000 MSRP sticker on it. The dealer needs $2000 per car to present the car at a nice facility with a service center, pay its staff, run advertisements, and so on (resale operating expenses). From $32,000 to $35,000 is profit to the dealer. You negotiate down to $33,000. Dealer pockets $1,000. You feel like you got a good deal because you're $2000 under MSRP.

Not lets say GM direct sells to a consumer. The $25,000 manufacturing cost is the same. The $2000 resale operating expense per vehicle to sell the car is unchanged- still need staff, still need a facility, still need advertising. So GM is at $27,000 all in. GM can still make it's original $5,000 profit with an asking price of $32,000. You save $1,000 from the above example just by cutting out the middle man. That's assuming GM's consumer sales division can be as efficient as a dealership.

Now is it possible that GM direct sales will have a take-it-or-leave-it $35,000 MSRP, screwing you over? Sure. But then a competing company, maybe called Tesla, could open a gallery next door and compete.

The reason why dealers want government to ban direct sales is not because they are concerned people won't be able to negotiate. They are concerned that manufacturers can deliver better value at potentially a lower cost than they are. That means a better sales experience, better service, and cheaper price. They want in. They want their middle man cut. And they want to secure that cut from market forces that are pushing for a direct sales model by means of government force. And that's low. F*** them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts