GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Do you mean other than someone stealing your car?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The car will not let you lock the doors with the key fob in the car. Otherwise, the car still hibernates after a period of time to a reduced state of draw on the 12 volt battery.

VIN # B0985

·
Registered
151 Posts
Provide address location of car and I'll let you know when I get back to my place.... with your car.

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
I had a strange thing happen to me once. I had my fob in my bag as I was leaving the airport. I think my wife's was in the hatch. I walked up to the volt, opened the hatch, put my bag in, closed it, walked to the driver's seat, panicked for a sec when I realized what I had done, the signed in relief as the volt had unlocked the driver door, but not all 4 doors as it was programmed.

Devine intervention, or awesome H, design?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've never met a person who actually does this. Seems like you are just asking for someone to steal the car. One of the perks of having keyless ignition is that you don't have to take the ket out of your pocket/purse so why would you even worry about it?

·
Registered
488 Posts
I learned long ago in life that car keys never leave the right front pocket of my jeans, wallet never leaves the left rear pocket. No exceptions, never, ever.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I accidentally lock my key in my hatch inside a gym bag fairly regularly. By mistake of course. Not sure why it does this.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I leave my key and wallet in the car whenever home and the car is in my garage.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I learned long ago in life that car keys never leave the right front pocket of my jeans, wallet never leaves the left rear pocket. No exceptions, never, ever.
So you never pay for lunch? ;)

I do something similar, but my wallet is in a front pocket. I've had it work it's way out of a rear pocket. Might make it more of a challenge for a pickpocket too.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You must never wear pants that don't have pockets. Or do things like workout.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I keep my keys in left front and wallet in right front. A very minimal slim wallet.

I accidentally lock my key in my hatch inside a gym bag fairly regularly. By mistake of course. Not sure why it does this.
The Volt locked? I did that once and luckily the doors didn't lock.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The Volt locked? I did that once and luckily the doors didn't lock.
Yes, several times now. It seems it happens when, as I'm shutting the hatch, I realize what I am doing, and I don't slam it shut. So, it's half-closed. The doors remain locked and I can't open the hatch. Thankful for OnStar...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Last weekend I left my Volt at my parents house to borrow their SUV and trailer. My mother was going to use my Volt to run errands, so I left my spare keys in the cup holder. Apparently it still locked as soon as I walked away with my regular key in my pocket. I wouldn't have thought it would automatically lock with keys in the vehicle, but apparently it does.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts