GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened after I bought the car earlier this year. I only had 1 fob and when the battery went out, I had it replaced and from then on, the car will not recognize that it's actually in the car. I tried to reprogram it but figured out that I needed to buy a 2nd fob to complete the reprogram...done, and nothing...they both unlock the car remotely but the car itself does not recognize that they are there. It's been a few months, due to Covid, and I haven't really bothered too much, after getting used to using the dash secret location to start the bugger. I've also learned to turn it off 2x to avoid getting honked at...boy that was a weird learning process!! So, any advice to a daily commuter that loves using my 34mi range (in warm weather) to get to and from work on all electric power, (and I love my level 2 charger and using the off hours for my electric bill to allow it to charge past 10pm every night...WOOT!!) :)

Any help is appreciated...and thanks!!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
The starts in the dash : fob can run the car even with out a battery in the FOB.

So something is working when changing the battery

I would double check fob is getting good battery contact ( was it in backwards )

no bent pins - 3.3 Volts with a new battery

CR2032

My ( or a auto store ) Tire learning tool can see if a fob is putting out a RF signal when you push a FOB button

1 - 3 of 3 Posts