GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I reset the PIN required to precondition (start ICE) from the key fob ? I used it last winter on several cold mornings but for the life of me I cannot remember what PIN I used. Tried to find a way through MYVOLT web site but no luck.

Senior moment...

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
How do I reset the PIN required to precondition (start ICE) from the key fob ? I used it last winter on several cold mornings but for the life of me I cannot remember what PIN I used. Tried to find a way through MYVOLT web site but no luck.

Senior moment...
Don't know your OnStar PIN? Call 1-888-4-ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827)

·
Registered
873 Posts

Senior moment...
The key fob doesn't require a PIN, it's just a button combo. Do you mean the app? I believe if you completely uninstall the app and reinstall it, the PIN resets and it should ask you to re-create a new PIN. As far as I know, the PIN is per-device.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts

Senior moment...
Onstar.com website. Go to Manage My Account, select set PIN.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE: App Issue

Sorry. I appear to be having more than one "senior moment" today . The issue is with the app on my smartphone. Many thanks for the information. I'd use the key fob to start it, but the garage is too far away from the back door for it to work.

Thanks to all for the information and suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts