GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'm sorry I don't have specific information for you on where to find covers. But I thought I'd point out that it's not a Volt FOB. It's a Chevy FOB. Several cars use the same model. Might help your search a little bit.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm sorry I don't have specific information for you on where to find covers. But I thought I'd point out that it's not a Volt FOB. It's a Chevy FOB. Several cars use the same model. Might help your search a little bit.
I dunno. There is a button on the Volt FOB that will not be present on other FOBS. Do other FOBS have 5 buttons?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I like the key fob covers at http://www.thejacketstore.com/ and have bought several for previous vehicles. They don't have one for the Volt.

Has anyone seen such a cover online or in retail? I'd appreciate a pointer. Thanks!

I've been using one of these since October, when I got my Volt. The 2.75 x 2.00 fits the fob perfectly. It comes with a metal keyring, but I took it off and just tied a thick string in the eyelets to seal the top.

http://www.remotetotes.com/sizes/

·
Registered
962 Posts
I dunno. There is a button on the Volt FOB that will not be present on other FOBS. Do other FOBS have 5 buttons?
Oh I suppose that's true. I guess I'd have to look closer at the other FOBs to see how different the button layouts are to see how much of a difference that would make.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Oh I suppose that's true. I guess I'd have to look closer at the other FOBs to see how different the button layouts are to see how much of a difference that would make.
Seems like most of those are made with a soft enough rubber that you could still press the buttons, if you knew where they were.

·
Registered
506 Posts
For my everyday pocketing, I use a very small ziplock bag the exact size of the fob. My company uses these to pkg small parts and it just so happens to keep my fob looking brand new (and it's of course fully function-able!).... just a thought /|\

·
Registered
962 Posts
For my everyday pocketing, I use a very small ziplock bag the exact size of the fob. My company uses these to pkg small parts and it just so happens to keep my fob looking brand new (and it's of course fully function-able!).... just a thought /|\
Good idea. I just keep mine on my key chain. But it's pretty bulky. And there's no real reason to. Makes is pretty much impossible to use the key pockets on my pants.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check out the "EricTM Auto Genuine Leather Chevrolet Cruze Key Chains Case" on Amazon. There is also a silicone version. The Cruze FOB has the same size of the Volt FOB but a large third button that is now three bottons on the Volt.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Kind of cool, but I don't think it is of much use if you are trying to use the bottom three buttons. They will probably come out with a Volt version soon.

·
Registered
609 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Got the fob cover today. Here are a couple of pics. $6.99 w free shipping.

Ian B

1 - 14 of 14 Posts