GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a link to an eBay auction. It is not my auction and I am not affiliated with the seller or trying to promote them specifically. I just wanted to post an example of a good key fob cover that I am using. It makes the buttons slightly recessed and, I believe, less likely to be pressed accidentally. I had the problem of the windows opening while parked a couple of times. Probably from an accidental press in my pocket. It has not happened since adding this cover. I am impressed with the fit and quality. This is not the soft rubbery cover that has been mentioned in some other threads. This is a hard, smooth plastic that does not grab when going into a pocket. When installed, the fob looks like it was made that way.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Flip-Paint-Metallic-Key-Fob-Case-Cover-Key-Skin-fit-for-Buick-Chevrolet-/201468736531?hash=item2ee878f413:g:VPwAAOSwdvpWEWjl&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
This used to happen to me all the time when I had a bunch of other keys on the same key ring... when the bundle of keys goes into a pocket, the other keys have a tendency to push buttons on the key fob. I took a bunch of unused keys off of my key ring and now seldom have a problem.

Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts