GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WoW.

Great community here!
Long story short, my first electric car was a "Gemcar" back in 2003.
Driving it felt like I was outside the oil matrix and quite thrilling.
Even with a top speed of 30mph and 30 mile range. Lol.

Years later, from a 2011 Prius to the 2013 Volt!
The Volt so impressive and fun that I just want to drive again.
But that wouldn't be green, so I'll share my excitement with people who understand.
As much as I liked and respect the Prius, that just didn't happen for me.

Cheers to the Voltians!
Those of us that are Voltish?
Voltarians?
What's our agreed upon name?

The wife just called me to run a errand! Woo hoo! Off I go!

At the dealer:

Home sweet home:

Accoutrements:

Licence plate on order:

Cheers!
:cool:

·
Registered
521 Posts
You are certainly right about one thing: we do understand how you feel! ;)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Some call themselves Voltsters, some reVoltes bur there is no secret handshake or nothin. The one thing that is most common amongst us is we all drive with a crazy grin. Never has a car, or anything for that mather, made me feel so intelligent before. Any ICE car feels like a prehistoric machine to me now. Enjoy your car and be proud of being a pionner of the electric revolution. Peace and may youre kids future skys be smogless. Lol.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Grats on the new Volt! I'm seeing more and more around me daily here in SoCal.

Not to burst your bubble, but your license plate will probably be rejected. The DMV in California frowns upon using numbers in place of letters, as supposedly it slows down CHP officers punching in plates.

I think it's a bullcrap excuse, but my custom plate of "N1CE MPG" was declined. I currently have "1FUNEV" on order, hopefully that one is approved.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
That looks like a Renault Twizy!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
GM could be doing so much advertising with this sentiment. I have driven like an old man since I was a teenager. Jack rabbit starts are just such a waste. However, between my Volt(S) and my solar panels, I am driving like I never have in my life. Zipping around. Taking off like a shot from traffic lights...because I can...and there is no down side. I still drive like an old man when there is the threat of burning gasoline, but those 40-50 miles of normal around town driving cannot be matched in ANY traditional vehicle.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Grats on the new Volt! I'm seeing more and more around me daily here in SoCal.

Not to burst your bubble, but your license plate will probably be rejected. The DMV in California frowns upon using numbers in place of letters, as supposedly it slows down CHP officers punching in plates.

I think it's a bullcrap excuse, but my custom plate of "N1CE MPG" was declined. I currently have "1FUNEV" on order, hopefully that one is approved.
I'm not sure about that. My Corvette personalized plate has numbers and letters.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are correct.
Not sure why I did that.
Just seemed right at the time.

Damn, I'm loving this car. Lol.
Just want to d r i v e !
Does this feeling wane over time?

I hope not!
:)

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Damn, I'm loving this car. Lol.
Just want to d r i v e !
Does this feeling wane over time?

I hope not!
Nope coming up on 2 years here and still a big smile every time I drive one of ours and get it plugged into the solar.

·
Registered
652 Posts
My first electric "car."
30 mile range, 30mph top speed.
But also a lot of fun.

:cool:

That looks like you stole my John Deere mower and pimped it out.:) Seriously, it's not much bigger. Was this some sort of California only vehicle? Anyway, welcome. You've got a great car. Our Prius became our second car when the Volt joined the family, but we still love it. (The Prius has more useful space.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That looks like you stole my John Deere mower and pimped it out.:) Seriously, it's not much bigger. Was this some sort of California only vehicle? Anyway, welcome. You've got a great car. Our Prius became our second car when the Volt joined the family, but we still love it. (The Prius has more useful space.)
The Gemcars are still around. I really liked it. They make a little truck too. Used to drive all over LA in traffic for pennies on the dollar in charging. It used regular marine batteries that could be purchased at Costco. I think things have changed since then but for what it is, it was fantastic!

Cheers.

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/gem-el...ch&WT.srch=1&gclid=CMHDtOWQ2LYCFWXZQgodfzYADA

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks like you've been passing a lot of gas stations during your first month. Just bought my Volt a couple weeks ago and agree that it is a joy each time I get in the drivers seat.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Best car I've ever had. Period.
:D
Totally agree with you Joshua, welcome (I'm a newcomer to the forum also though I've had my Volt since July 2012.

My regular commute is about 7 miles round trip. Great for my bike but when I drive my Volt it is just not long enough, so I find myself just putting some good tunes or a good audiobook from my iPhone on the ole’ Bose audio and stretching the trip home out to a more scenic 10 or 15 miles. In all electric mode of course. I would never have remotely considered this sort of behavior when driving one of my many pure ICE vehicles over the years. The Volt has fundamentally changed the way I drive and it has made driving an immensely more enjoyable experience. I kid you not!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts