GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Diamond White
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone!
My wife and I just traded 2010 SRX for a 2013 Volt, Diamond White, everything. Our other car is a 2012 Buick Enclave so there was no point really in having two large SUVs. I think the seats in my Volt are more comfortable than the Caddy. I think SRX was trying to compete with European sport handling and my wife and I like comfort like the Buick and Volt provide. Anyway, I am sure to have lots of ???s and please be patient as I ask questions asked thousands of times before and covered in other threads. Right now I am thrilled to be with fellow Volt owners and can't wait till tomorrow so I can get behind the wheel agian. Thanks for a great forum!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Welcome. I think you picked the right color! Don't be too concerned about your mileage for a while. I managed to get 47.2 on a charge a couple of weeks ago when we hit 65. Better weather is coming. Glad to have you aboard.

·
Administrator
20,463 Posts
Everyone knows Cyber Gray is faster, but I suspect you'll enjoy your slower white Volt nonetheless, :)

Welcome!

·
8,680 Posts
Congrats! Welcome. We do have a decent search feature, and you may have more success doing a google search and just adding "site:gm-volt.com" on the end - that's how I find threads here that I remember seeing at one point. That said, we're also usually pretty good about answering the same question over and over again, too. :) It's an awesome car - and an awesomely complex car; we're still learning some details two years later.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Cyber Gray's are faster! It's true really!

·
Super Moderator
6,340 Posts
Hello, everyone!
My wife and I just traded 2010 SRX for a 2013 Volt, Diamond White, everything. Our other car is a 2012 Buick Enclave so there was no point really in having two large SUVs. I think the seats in my Volt are more comfortable than the Caddy. I think SRX was trying to compete with European sport handling and my wife and I like comfort like the Buick and Volt provide. Anyway, I am sure to have lots of ???s and please be patient as I ask questions asked thousands of times before and covered in other threads. Right now I am thrilled to be with fellow Volt owners and can't wait till tomorrow so I can get behind the wheel agian. Thanks for a great forum!
Welcome and congrats. Check out the "FAQ" in my sig.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes, Cyber Gray's are faster, faster as in the battery runs out faster

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I've never seen a gray one pass me.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've never seen a gray one pass me.
I've never seen any color pass me because i've never seen another Volt in my life here in truckville.:mad:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Nice move . I traded a GMC Yukon and a Cad CTS on two Volts . I wish the Buick Enclave had the Volt configuration .

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congrats on the VOLT and Welcome!

3,605 Posts
Hello, everyone!
Congrats e004698!

Welcome!! Don't know if you are aware or not but you will have a Dedicated Volt Advisor! Please PM me with the last 8 of your VIN and best way for you to be reached and I will have them contact you!

-Ian Chevrolet Volt Customer Service

·
Registered
2013 Diamond White
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, everyone for all the messages! Got the white because it was the only Volt the dealer had. There was a new 2012 red from a dealer about 50 miles away for a lot less, but my wife wanted the white, all the married guys will understand this. Besides, I really prefered buying from the local dealer who does a great job with our other GM cars. I know all the guys in the service department and somtimes bring them donuts, esp. after a warranty no charge service and free car wash. The service manger and I golf in the same Thursday nite men's league and we have a good relationship. This is our fouth great GM car and I think the Volt will be the best so far.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
...my wife wanted the white, all the married guys will understand this..
Yup, happy wife, happy life.

Enjoy your new Volt!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Isn't there a bulk Volt dealer in MO? Where do they go?

I guess if you ever need some PEV company you can head to Nixa and check out Evan Fusco's Model S. ;)
I'm not sure what a bulk dealer is. Sort of a Costco for Volts? :) When I bought my Volt in January there were 17 Volts within a 200 mile radius of the greater K.C. area (population 2 million +). When my specific requirements were factored in I had a choice of two Volts, one 40 miles away and one 200 miles away. Maybe dealers in sunnier climes carry large inventories, but not around here. Now if you want a $60,000 monster truck, step right up!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts