GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Since you only have to recharge for 25 KM back at home , I wouldn't worry about the 12 or 8 amps ... 8 amps will be good ...
8 amps will recharge approximately 8 km per hours...( I know it's not exact measure) ....

The charger i have at home and am recommending it it is the chargepoint 32 amp with 25 feet of cable ... my charger is place approximately in the middle of the back/front wall ... this will allow me to charge outside the garage if needed too.
I did purcahse the one without the male plugin (direct connection in an electrical box)... I wanted to save some money but that did not work as my electrician charge me for an extra disconnect box(electrical code in Ontario) ... So if I were you I would install an NEMA 50 female and purchase the charger with a plugin...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just set the charger (chargerpoint) to charge during off peaks. and the car to charge immediately .... and if at any time you really want to start the charging immediately at any time .. plug the charger - unplug the charger - and replug right away....(thats at home) at work you will just need to plug in once....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.