GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 2012 Chevy Volt and I love it. I have already did some upgrades to make it more mine. I am the general manager for a car audio shop in Columbus, Ohio and I wanted something different than all the Honda Accords and Chrysler 300's running around town. I have already upgraded my stereo system (easier than I first expected), and a friend of mine was selling a set of used wheels and tires that I purchased. They are 22 inch chrome wheels with 235-30-22 Nitto Neo Gen2 tires. I know that they will affect my gas mileage and they are not ideal for this car but they do not rub the and fit perfectly on the vehicle believe it or not. Plus with the occupation I am in it is a really good advertising platform. The sound system upgrade sounds spectacular with the little I have done so far. all I have done is added a alpine PDR 4 channel amp to run the mids on the front channel, the rear channel is bridged running the subwoofer. I will upload pics when I have a second. I am really happy with this purchase and love this vehicle. I wanted one when they first came out and the used 13k example I purchased was worth every penny!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I just purchased a used 2012 Chevy Volt and I love it. I have already did some upgrades to make it more mine. I am the general manager for a car audio shop in Columbus, Ohio and I wanted something different than all the Honda Accords and Chrysler 300's running around town. I have already upgraded my stereo system (easier than I first expected), and a friend of mine was selling a set of used wheels and tires that I purchased. They are 22 inch chrome wheels with 235-30-22 Nitto Neo Gen2 tires. I know that they will affect my gas mileage and they are not ideal for this car but they do not rub the and fit perfectly on the vehicle believe it or not. Plus with the occupation I am in it is a really good advertising platform. The sound system upgrade sounds spectacular with the little I have done so far. all I have done is added a alpine PDR 4 channel amp to run the mids on the front channel, the rear channel is bridged running the subwoofer. I will upload pics when I have a second. I am really happy with this purchase and love this vehicle. I wanted one when they first came out and the used 13k example I purchased was worth every penny!
Welcome

22" is very big for this car, what about clearance issues? Have any pictures to share?
I can imagine along with the range hit you mentioned, the ride degradation is substantial as well?

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Not so sure I'd try that tire/wheel combo for a variety of reasons, but the main issue aside from fitment and ride/handling problems will be the hit to your all electric range.

I'm guessing you could take an easy 5 mile hit maybe more. The Volt can be very sensitive to external things like weather, terrain, driving style and different tires and even pressures that can kill the electric range.

Now if maximizing your electric range is of no concern I'll be interested to see photo's of the wheel/tires mounted and your take on ride and handling.

Good luck

·
Registered
261 Posts
Definitely need pics...we've seen a lot of modded Volt pics on this forum, but pics of a Volt with 22's will be a first! Welcome, and glad you're enjoying the car!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey Droger03,

Used 2012 you say? Was it a Crystal Red Tricoat? I live in the Columbus area and recently traded in my 2012. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts