GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just contacted SPX to order the 240v charger. $490 + local sales tax. My rep (who was very nice) told me that during the month of November they're offering free shipping! Woo!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I got two of them. Just make sure you use your own local electrician to install it, you'll save a lot of money. Expect $250 to $400 depending on your garage set up. I had a separate box off the main box put in to allow for future growth. Here's the video of the set-up.....

http://youtu.be/cytL4UthasQ

MrEnergyCzar

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes, I too bought the Voltec from SPX for $490 + tax and was told free shipping. Their first email confirmed all this. When I got the unit I got another email and invoice in the box for $3.00 shipping! I called asked about it, they said I got free shipping, this was a handling fee. I said the paper says it is for shipping and their first email said free shipping! They 'canceled' the charge as a courtesy, but said it would take one to two billing cycles to show on my bill.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just ordered mine tonight. The gal happened to tell me as well about the free shipping but there was a 3 dollar handling fee. you had to ruin it for me tinlange3!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts