GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the dealer did not have the Volt with options I want, they placed an order for me:
Chevy Volt 2017 Premium - Citron Green Metallic
  • Radio + Navigation
  • Drv Confidence Pkg#1
  • Drv Confidence Pkg#2
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Forward Auto Braking
I had to put down $1000 payment.

Any idea how long the wait period is before I can see my Volt in my garage?

p.s. I was told that the actual pricing cannot be computed without the VIN. I gave them a ball park number based on my research and what they had on their website for sale. The salesman said they will come close to that figure.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Since the dealer did not have the Volt with options I want, they placed an order for me:
Chevy Volt 2017 Premium - Citron Green Metallic
  • Radio + Navigation
  • Drv Confidence Pkg#1
  • Drv Confidence Pkg#2
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Forward Auto Braking
I had to put down $1000 payment.

Any idea how long the wait period is before I can see my Volt in my garage?

p.s. I was told that the actual pricing cannot be computed without the VIN. I gave them a ball park number based on my research and what they had on their website for sale. The salesman said they will come close to that figure.
Not true on the pricing -- I had my build order sheet with prices of everything as soon as the order was accepted and got my order number. (GM Supplier pricing) They don't need a VIN to calculate the price.

I ordered mine 4/29 - TPW is set for 5/30, I hope to have it in my hands by the 2nd or 3rd week of June. I was told 8 weeks to delivery from the date of order average, and this is from a high volume dealer here in N. Texas that had allocation on hand for a custom order volt.

Only thing that might delay yours is nobody with an order for Adaptive cruise control has gotten theirs produced yet. Mine is a 2017 LT, leather, bose, comfort package, nothing else. So I'm hoping for a speedy built and a quick truck ride down to TX here :)

Did you confirm your dealer had allocation to submit an order? If they don't your order will sit in the dealers computer till a spot opens up. Keep in mind, until you have an actual order number, anything the dealer tells you could be total smoke up your ass. To give you perspective, I put the order in on 4/30/16, I had an order number from my salesman 4 days later. With that you can go directly to GM for status updates online.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I did the same thing and my Volt arrived in about 3-4 weeks, but it was on order with the specs I wanted already, waiting is tough but well worth it, Congrats and enjoy your new Volt

·
Registered
199 Posts
Only thing that might delay yours is nobody with an order for Adaptive cruise control has gotten theirs produced yet...
Also, I read somewhere that the Citron Green Volts are the rarest color and several people have said they take longer to produce/ship.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did get the order number from the dealer. How long does it take to get TPW once the order is in the system? Is TPW when the vehicle is out of the plant or when they start building it?

I hope the ACC will not delay my order. Why is it so difficult for GM to add ACC when other manufacturers already rolled out cars with it.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Is TPW when the vehicle is out of the plant or when they start building it?
TPW stands for Target Production Week. It is just an estimate, and the actual production date can slide in either direction. My TPW was 2/01/16. I found out on 2/02 that my car was already produced and awaiting shipment.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TPW stands for Target Production Week. It is just an estimate, and the actual production date can slide in either direction. My TPW was 2/01/16. I found out on 2/02 that my car was already produced and awaiting shipment.
Thanks @TSquare. You must be really lucky, as I have seen folks on this forum who have waited for 4-6 weeks past their TPW. Maybe its due to ACC. I am hoping that GM is now rolling out ACC Volts more quickly.....

btw, when did you find out about your TPW date initially?

I found today that my order has status code 3000. The dealer GM told me that a TPW is expected any day. I have had great response from the dealership.

Thanks everyone for your response. It helps to understand (rationalize) the wait... :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
my car just turned to status 4B00 (Produced, and waiting shipment) from what I can see will be a week to 10 days before it shows up here in N. Texas. My TPW was 5/30 so their estimates were spot on. Ordered Heather grey, comfort package, leather, and bose. So no fancy colors or ACC slowing me down :p

Congrats on the volt again :)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
btw, when did you find out about your TPW date initially?
I can't remember now how long it took, it may have been a month or more. But, I ordered on the first day that GM opened up the computers on December 1. Production wasn't scheduled to start until Feb 1. They may have started production early though.

Anyway, just thought I would post the order status list again for those still waiting that may not have seen it before.

1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by Chevrolet
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or “Picked Up” or “Imaged”), Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence (now becomes more stable)
3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant (Target Production Week usually available now)
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed (“B”, not 8)
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced (Dealer Billed)
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my car just turned to status 4B00 (Produced, and waiting shipment) from what I can see will be a week to 10 days before it shows up here in N. Texas. My TPW was 5/30 so their estimates were spot on. Ordered Heather grey, comfort package, leather, and bose. So no fancy colors or ACC slowing me down :p

Congrats on the volt again :)
Thanks @accelerus. I saw in the other thread that Volt orders with ACC are now on the production line and moving towards completion.

Congrats on your Volt too!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is there an automated way to see the status code? Do i have to do the online chat every time i want to find out status?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is there an automated way to see the status code? Do i have to do the online chat every time i want to find out status?
Sorry did not see your message...

The easy way is to get from Chevy chat. You might have to wait 3-5 minutes before you get someone on the chat. Other option is to pick up the phone and ask your dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts