GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has not been my month for vehicles.

First OHM-RIDE tries to kill me, then the wife's car gets a ripped up tire from a muffler falling off another car, and today the Jeep cut out on the way to work and stranded me in farm country.

I swear if I had a plow-mule he'd up and die on me this month :p

Not too surprising that I got the same tow-truck driver all three times. Today he pulled in and said he was going to get my address and send me a Christmas card this year <grin>. He said he heard the address and thought it was a repeat and was surprised to find a third vehicle being towed.

In over 30 years of driving I've had my vehicles towed twice, maybe three times. Three more times in one month is the SUCK!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Oh no! At least you are OK.

May be your Jeep has realized that you want an EV to replace it and so decided to start acting up :eek:.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Dutch, I understand the need to vent. If it's any consolation, my 2016 Gen2 Volt has had an oil leak for 6 months now. The first time I took it in (along with other recall SW updates), the dealer had it a week and never got around to the oil leak (!). The second time, they kept it more than a week, and made it worse -- it's now a gusher. Well, unfortunately I'm one of those people who needs to actually hold a full-time job, and am really busy these days, so it isn't easy to find time to take it to the dealer. So now I'm back to CARRYING A CAN OF OIL IN THE CAR TO TOP IT OFF DURING LONG TRIPS -- just like when I drove junkers as a poor kid!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts