GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not knowing much about Flex Fuel, I didn't realize there were not many FlexFuel stations in southern California...

I wanted to let all of our customers know that G and M oil just announced that they have the 1st flex fuel station in our area. It is at the corner of Beach Blvd and Warner in Huntington Beach. For all of you that are driving E85 flex fuel vehicles you now may purchase this fuel at $2.99 per gallon. That is the price at the time of this e-mail.

We have been waiting for this for awhile and now we can help the environment by using this type of fuel if you choose to. I would sure like to hear from anybody who starts using the fuel, to see how you like it or don't like it.

Sincerely

DeLillo Chevrolet
18211 Beach Boulevard
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Smells like popcorn :)

You do lose mpg with E85 in a Flex Fuel capable vehicle. So, it's sometimes a wash between that and using good fuel. Not sure that E85 is actually better for the environment considering the things surrounding the whole growing corn for fuel business.

Funny sighting here in my area, down in Delaware. E85 at one station was available for .02 per gallon less than their Regular gasoline. yeah, .02 for 15% lower mpg. :)

Correction 20+% lower mpg.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E85

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
No E85 for me if I have a choice. The MPG tradeoff does not usually seem worth the few cent/gal savings.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Yeah, the whole thing was a shuck. GM sold thousands of "Flex Fuel" vehicles in SoCal and were able to use them against their CAFE requirements. Meanwhile this might be the 2nd or 3rd "Flex Fuel" station in all of SoCal. So few, if any, of them ever used any. It's called gaming the system and they did a masterful job of it.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
The Volt is not E85 certified. Personally, with the corrosive properties of E85, I would stay far away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts