GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning my "Volt-friendly" route for a work event tomorrow and I came across this slick Leaf ad when I used Mapquest to get my directions. Yes, I returned to Mapquest after the horrid Google Maps "update"--but that's another story.

Basically, Mapquest gave me estimated fuel costs for each proposed route and then tucked underneath was a MUCH lower estimated fuel cost for the route -- if you were driving a Leaf!

GM should take note. Check it out:

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nice! Saw that the other day. That would work for the Volt too, especially if you needed to drive beyond Leaf range. The Mapquest setup ignores the maximum range of the Leaf, and totally forgets to figure in any charge time in it's "estimate".

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Nice! Saw that the other day. That would work for the Volt too, especially if you needed to drive beyond Leaf range. The Mapquest setup ignores the maximum range of the Leaf, and totally forgets to figure in any charge time in it's "estimate".
Ignoring the car's range and recharging requirements would just annoy me and further lower my estimate of the intelligence of advertising people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.