GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick post that I took delivery of a Kinetic Blue 2016 Volt Premier this morning to add to my 2012 Volt Premier. The extra range and MyLink are really great. I think the Gen I actually drives a little more German-ish (Bob Lutz's influence was stronger, I guess), but Gen II is really impressive so far.

Early thoughts...really like the car, and the range is very impressive. Only real negative surprise is that there's no HomeLink. I have every option they offered on the 2016s, so I didn't even think to ask about it since my Gen I has it. Oh well, I guess I'll be keeping a little garage door remote in the car.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
The homelink can be added, there is already a post from a member that did it. It fits and looks like factory install.

I will be adding one to my Bolt soon after it arrives.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I'm using the clicker that came with our MasterLift garage door openers and I can tell they have a greater range than the Homelink in our Gen I's. Easily two more houses away, so now the door is fully open and I don't even need to slow down.

So I'm learning to love the old school clicker again.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
The homelink can be added, there is already a post from a member that did it. It fits and looks like factory install.

I will be adding one to my Bolt soon after it arrives.
My gen1 has the homelink button, but I don't feel I miss it much on my gen2 (while, we have a one-car garage, my gen2 currently park outside anyways). However, when I need to use the garage, I just press the remote stored in the front compartment, next to the USB ports. it is not that inconvenient compared to pressing upward..

I think likely what will happen is that there will be android and apple apps to allow you to open your garage door via android auto or carplay. with voice control or touch button on the screen, the importance of the physical button becomes even less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts