GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been noticing a lot more 'Hi, I'm new' threads on the board. It seems like there has been about as many as the month of March when the Volt almost sold 2300 domestic. It would appear all the deep discounting for 2012s is starting to move inventory.

My analysis: This month is REALLY hard to guess as the supply chain was disrupted with the summer shutdown, and deliveries to dealerships are down month over month. Last month, GM delivered about 2600 cars to the dealerships. If I extrapolate inventory draw for the 22 sales days of the month so far and extend it to the end of the month, that means inventory should be at 4,340 on Tuesday. That is a drawdown in inventory of 367 cars. GM likely did not sell 2600+367=2,967 cars for the month of July. Using my super secret BS metric, I am going to say they delivered 1,690 cars in July, which will bring the July total to 1,690+ 367= 2,057

Given that production was off, this is a huge guess. Could be way off. Track record so far since doing this is off by less than 100 for 2 months, and off by a lot on 1 month. I'll likely revise this again on Tuesday.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've been wrong with every one of my guesses. So, hoping to continue my streak I'll say: 1962. Why? Why not.

I'd love to see them break through 2000 again. But 1962 would at least be up month over month, which would also be good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well mine will go on July - so hope that helps. I really got a fantastic deal on it and then when I went to check on something on chevrolet.com I got a pop up for another $1000 off (private offer). I brought to the dealer and sure enough I got another $1000 off. So they are looking to move cars especially 2012's for the end of July.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suspect last year's July dip was an inventory issue.

Doesn't mean we may not see a dip this month, but even if GM delivered HALF the cars from the previous month, that would still make this month sales numbers be around 1650. (about 350 in inventory drop plus the presumed 1300 delivered)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I suspect that the limited availability of 2013 models for most of the month will hold things back. Many are still holding out for the 2013 model...

1700 is my guess....

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Once again, I'll say 2011 :)

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Same as the Vin on the MY11, 2140

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
This is the change up month. With the Volt now California HOV lane ready, the number will tick up. My number last month of 1600, is resetting to 2000.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It seems that GM is trying to control the number they sell every month, around 1700, which I think is smart. Having a steady performance is better than a spotty one. I will go with 1799 for the US on July.

·
Registered
538 Posts
2042 & 1999. And, I'll guess 399 for the Leaf, i-MiEV @ 13, the FFE @ 48, and the HFEV @ 16 due to delivery problems.

I don't think the Volt's 2013 improvements were enough to make most folks wait considering the deals that are out there. I think the Leaf sales will take a huge hit because of the battery problems, the i-MiEV is 4 months from death, and the Ford better start trying to sell the FFE because it seems like a good alternative.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts