GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been over two years since I've had my Volt, and I finally got to order the L2 EVSE I've been waiting for!

Having a lab-tested NEMA 14-50 EVSE was important to me and the JuiceBox Pro 40 is now UL-Listed. I came close to buying the ETL-certified Clipper Creek HCS40P but since I was in no hurry, decided to wait for the JuiceBox to go through lab testing because it can support 40 amp (~9.6kW) continuous draw vs a 32 amp (~7.7kW) draw for the CC.

Additionally, it looks like eMotorWerks has really done a great job with their JuiceNet software. I've been in touch with the sales rep over the past 18+ months requesting updates and she included their JuiceNet Green software (which adjusts the charge rate dependent upon the source of electricity) for free, for waiting. I don't think it will serve much good in my region, but it was still a nice gesture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The JB with UL certification is $649. Two advantages over CC:

1. 40A charging (for future EVs that you may own that have bigger chargers)
2. JB works anywhere from 120V to 240V and is portable (it merely hangs on a hook on the wall).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Purely talking price, I just checked out the CC website and see that they now have an HCS-50P which would be the closest comparison as it's also a 9.6kW EVSE.

The Juice Box (without their JuiceNet software) is $579. The HCS-50P is $659.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts