GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was watching the Science Channel over the weekend and a program was on called Beyond Invention. One the stories featured an "Energy Machine" invented by a guy named Joseph Newman. The shorted version is he says he came up with a way to harness energy that was being lost in the physics with a very small primer battery source. The US patent office won't give him a patent because in their view its a perpetual motion machine and the laws of physics say it will use more energy to operate than it will produce. Most of academia thinks he's a flake. Military is watching him. Nevertheless 40 respected scientists have given him sworn affidavits saying it works, one of whom says its the greatest discovery in the human history. The Science Channel ran it with meters connected showing the power put out by the bettery and showing the power put out by the machine and the machine was producing more power that the battery. Enter the conspiracy theorists who say because its dirty cheap energy, once this hits the third world, in short time the first world would no longer have an economic advantage and thus the reason the patent office refuses to co-operate. A federal judge ordered the patent office to perform tests on it and the tests failed but later Newman contends they secretly grounded the device before testing, throwing off the would be numbers. Is this a legit thing or is it bogus? FYI: Newman is a little on the religious side who says God inspired him and incorporates that idea into much of his talk of his invention.

·
Registered
368 Posts
School of P.T. Barnum

Newman is a little on the religious side who says God inspired him and incorporates that idea into much of his talk of his invention.
His real name is Joseph Westly Rogers
I'm familiar with Joseph 'Newman', I remember reading about him & his perpetual motion machine in Discover Magazine in 1987.
Discover also did independent tests, and just as the Patent Office & National Bureau of Standards, it did'nt work for them either.
Back then, 'Newman' was calling it Gyro Power™® and claimed he could run a car with it.
He even wrote a book-The Energy Machine of Joseph Newman

Joe Newman's Free Energy Claims
_-=

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
From the looks of it it seems more electro-magnetic a less chemical.

http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/qmmv11.htm
If I remember from the show, he claimed the batteries continued a flow of charge keeping the machine in motion long after they were "depleted", which means one of two things:

- beyond chemical reactions, there must have been additional energy being generated through cold fusion, Earth's EM field, whatever

- the system developed a resonance, somehow discharging all the energy within the batteries quickly and storing the energy of the batteries within the system and depleting energy from the entire system far more slowly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts