GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
"Toyota is also believed to be planning two more dedicated hybrid models, including a new hybrid minivan."

A decent minivan hybrid or EREV will sell like hotcakes. If GM wants to really make a splash, they need to push for efficient (30+MPG combined) "family" sized vehicles with as much fervor as they are pushing the development of the Volt. Since they have stalled truck and SUV development, this is where those efforts should be redirected along with efficient small/mid-sized pickups.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
"Toyota is also believed to be planning two more dedicated hybrid models, including a new hybrid minivan."

A decent minivan hybrid or EREV will sell like hotcakes. If GM wants to really make a splash, they need to push for efficient (30+MPG combined) "family" sized vehicles with as much fervor as they are pushing the development of the Volt. Since they have stalled truck and SUV development, this is where those efforts should be redirected along with efficient small/mid-sized pickups.
We were actually waiting for a Toyota Hybrid MiniVan in 2006 and was rumored to arrive in 2008, but it never came to America. I'm glad it never came, otherwise we'll be stuck with a parallel hybrid.

I agree, if GM or other American Car Manufacturer made a splash with a minivan, it would also have very good impact on the oil needs. It would suit the many short driving distances within the city that soccer moms or dads cover.

But they have to start somewhere, and I think the Volt is also a good move to target majority of the commuters. The minivan would be the next to be REEVised.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts