GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my Volt in early November I was told to expect the car in early December. I found out today that my car won't even begin assembly until Jan 14. Has anyone else experienced such a delay? How long once the assembly begins will it take to get the car? Is a fully loaded black on black Volt that rare they had to build one?

I am in Calgary, not sure if that changes anything.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Don't know about shipping to your area but, mine took a month to arrive. Others further west got theirs sooner. My dealer was left scratching his head over that one.

Ours was special ordered because of the wheels - incl./black inserts.
2013MY, Black w/Pebble Beige interior, all options except visor and California emissions.

Hope it happens sooner than you're expecting!

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Inventory is so low in the United States, it is not surprising that export sales are being delayed (just a guess). They have been operating for 7 weeks now, and we've only seen inventory tick up by about 500. We are down about 2,000 from our highs, and the California area is about 1/3 full.

·
Registered
56 Posts
August 24 - ordered
September 16 - manufactured
November 16 - took delivery

·
Registered
667 Posts
Ordered Aug 30, 2012

Built Nov 9, 2012

Delivered Nov 29 2012 ....yep still waiting
Dealer will drop it off at my door @ 1:30pm....2 more days to go!

...and there was 1 month shutdown in my wait time

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Inventory is so low in the United States, it is not surprising that export sales are being delayed (just a guess). They have been operating for 7 weeks now, and we've only seen inventory tick up by about 500. We are down about 2,000 from our highs, and the California area is about 1/3 full.

Any notion of Ampera and Holden cars...Some time back they were scheduled for a fall production run?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am a little miffed it is going to take so long, November to almost March? That is almost four months.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I showed up at the dealer that had 6 or more in stock and drove home in a new 2013 4 hours later. Might be better to look for who has them right now, and just go there. I know that doesn't apply to Canada but for the US it's nice to be able to just go get one.
Bought and taken home oct 27th.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts