GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to reauthorize with VoltStats. So any existing users should be able to reauthenticate. I'm looking forward to my first data download. Looks like I will be missing just over 2,000 miles from my data.

Here is the message from Mike on VoltsStats Facebook account.

Thanks to everyone who helped debug - I think the site might actually be ready to go for existing users now! Again, if you haven't seen a previous message that I've deleted, only existing users can currently login using the OnStar username/password they had at the time the site went down (October 13th). Once you're logged in, click on the link on your vehicle configuration page to link with OnStar. Accounts with multiple vehicles won't work, but you might be able to get the oldest car on your account working. New users will most likely be ready to go tomorrow! Thanks for your patience!

·
Registered
240 Posts
(I also signed in this am... But had done this last night and had to re-authenticate this morning again. I'm sure the'll get the bugs worked out.)

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
I was able to get in this morning. Hopefully sometime today the data will update and I'll know everything is working then.
Same here. Am hoping data starts updating later today.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Great for those who have enrolled before shutdown. My message is " not accepting New members". Hope they get that working so I can join the fun!

·
Registered
193 Posts
My "reauthorization" seemed to take effect last evening, and it looks like my stats were updated around 10:15pm CST. So - it's getting there!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
It took me a couple times clicking the link to get reauthorized but it finally worked. Any idea on how voltstats determines when to update each vehicle?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Note to others: It took me about 4 attempts to get my car reauthorized without error. Just keep trying.
Worked for me on my first try. But then that was at 5am. Maybe it is being hit by lots of requests to reauthorize.

Currently there are 70 Volts listed as active on VoltStats. It will be interesting to see how many it jumps on the 11am poll. The last one went in around 10:30 PM CST. So we should have an update pretty soon!!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Looking forward to the new users function being enabled. :)

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Yes..... finally its back.

Thanks to Mike for bringing it back to life and working through the issues with OnStart.!!

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
It says it did both of ours, the second one took 2 attempts.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It works!!!!! My stats were just updated a few minutes ago!

Thanks for all your hard work Mike.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
I had signed up to voltstats.net just prior to the data feed being taken down, so I never actually saw any stats for my volt. I just checked a few minutes ago, and I finally have data on my car showing. It works!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I had to re authenticate. it took me several tries. (Like 10.) Eventually it did authenticate. Once I finished authenticating my history is gone. My user name does not show up in the list of Volt owners. I guess eventually it will. It's like starting over for me.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Achievement records are still continuing as well.

My miles driven without gas is now up to 10,048 miles, dating back to May 23rd.

I was concerned that that might not continue with the long break.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Unfortunately, the 'click here to re-authenticate' link takes me to onstar.com.
Canadian users can't log into onstar.com - we have to use onstar.ca (seriously onstar - that is very lame), so I've not been able to re-authenticate with voltstats. (no, changing the URL manually to .ca doesn't work)
Can we get an authentication link on there for onstar.ca??

·
Registered
201 Posts
Unfortunately, the 'click here to re-authenticate' link takes me to onstar.com.
Canadian users can't log into onstar.com - we have to use onstar.ca (seriously onstar - that is very lame), so I've not been able to re-authenticate with voltstats. (no, changing the URL manually to .ca doesn't work)
Can we get an authentication link on there for onstar.ca??
Please try again and let me know if it's still failing for you. OnStar just fixed the issue with users having to authenticate multiple times, and they think it might be related. If it's still an issue I'll escalate it with them. Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just tried it again from Canada. No joy. It takes you to the .com site and then says that I don't have an account. I guess my account is only with .ca!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts