GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014-04-11-66per am commute.jpg

Well, I have a different appreciation for the final arrival of spring. My Volt is loving the warmer weather today. Temperature was 60F for my AM commute. Drove 19.1 miles and still had 35 miles remaining. I used 3.5 kWh to get in. This works out to a 54 mile range and 5.46 miles / kWh.

Tires are at 48 PSI and my avg speed was around 35-40 mph. Very little elevation change. I can't wait for temperatures to reach 80. I want to make my AM commute with > 70% battery remaining.

Only problem with these warmer temperatures is that it takes the challenge out of making my 39 mile commute 100% EV. It's too easy!

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
View attachment 49241

Well, I have a different appreciation for the final arrival of spring. My Volt is loving the warmer weather today. Temperature was 60F for my AM commute. Drove 19.1 miles and still had 35 miles remaining. I used 3.5 kWh to get in. This works out to a 54 mile range and 5.46 miles / kWh.

Tires are at 48 PSI and my avg speed was around 35-40 mph. Very little elevation change. I can't wait for temperatures to reach 80. I want to make my AM commute with > 70% battery remaining.

Only problem with these warmer temperatures is that it takes the challenge out of making my 39 mile commute 100% EV. It's too easy!
Good stats, Ari! I've driven 100 miles in the last seven days and averaged 4.3 miles/kWh. Spring has finally arrived 8^) I keep my tires inflated at 48 psi also.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good stats, Ari! I've driven 100 miles in the last seven days and averaged 4.3 miles/kWh
100 miles in 7 days? Not sure if I ever had a week with so few miles. I do that every 2 days or less. Have to say, I just love being behind the wheel!

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Right now in St Louis we are in the "sweet spot" temp and himidity wise. My AER's are sky rocketing. Our 2012 got hit really hard this winter droping to 29 miles for weeks on end (it's now back to 42) and my 2013 saw a low of 32 but yesterday after several short trips totalling about 40 miles my guess-o-meter ticked up to 47 miles and this morning on the way to work the guess-o-meter and actual driven miles indicated 51 miles. Happy days are here again, until summer hits.

But soon I'll be forced to run the AC and then I'll lose a mile or two or three. But what horrible winter we just lived through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts