GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went out to the garage this am to checking something (CarPlay) on my 2017 Volt and noticed that number in the lower left hand corner of the DIC

And all I've been doing is driving my normal routes (to/from work and errands) without any goofy hypermiling and even with daytime temps in the upper 80's lower 90's and the AC on.

I'd love to get my hands on a Bolt or Tesla. Granted I live in the FLATLANDS here in the mid-west and live and work in what I would describe as rural urban community here in southern Illinois. Maybe this is EV country.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Whew! Thanks for the updated photo. I thought we were being Rickrolled.

:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Impressive! You must not do much higher speed driving. Since I have been driving mine, my est. range has been going up and is now sitting around 63. This is commuting 53 mi R.T. across town with some highway and some congestion. The morning and late return only requires limited A/C use. Of course driving across town mid-day this weekend with family on board, A/C cranked and driving 70+, it switched over at about 49 miles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You must do little to no highway driving.

Mine was up to 82 with my regular commuting until my daughter had a soccer tournament 40 miles away with mostly highway driving at 70mph. My number is now back down to 58 fully charged.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This was my big milestone too. Pretty cool to beat the EPA rating by 32% on my typical commute and occasional highway use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts