GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I seem to be having a problem sending/receiving texts via the MyLink Text app. I have an iPhone 8 with iOS 11.4.

I've searched the forum and made sure that notifications are on for the MyLink app on the phone.
The setting on the phone for "Do Not Disturb While Driving" on is set to Manual
Everything appears to be set up correctly in the text settings in the MyLink system

One time I did get a text message I received showing up on the screen. When I went to reply to it with one of the canned responses, I got the message "The text message cannot be sent. This feature may not be supported by your phone"

At this point, I'm running out of ideas. Other bluetooth services for the phone work fine (phone calls, music, etc.)
I know CarPlay is an option but I really prefer to use the Text app in the MyLink system instead.

Oh, not sure if it makes any difference but I am testing this all out with the car on and in Park.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so it looks like text messages won't be displayed if it the ringer switch is set to silent. Makes sense I guess...

Still can't send one of the canned responses via the MyLink screen though. Any ideas on why the canned responses don't work?

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts