GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Volt. Yesterday, the check engine light came on. OnStar told me it was "High Voltage Charging System not performing as expected." The car is charging fine. They told me the light should go away. It has been through the 5 to 7 drive cycles and the light has not gone off. I talked to OnStar today and there were now two codes. According to the dealer I went today, they need to replace the charging connector on the car side and do a software update. Yet the charging connector is on national backorder. Very frustrated that a critical part like this is on backorder with no ETA. Anyone know if it actually is or is the dealer trying to not have to do the work? My car is CPO by the way.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have a 2013 Volt. Yesterday, the check engine light came on. OnStar told me it was "High Voltage Charging System not performing as expected." The car is charging fine. They told me the light should go away. It has been through the 5 to 7 drive cycles and the light has not gone off. I talked to OnStar today and there were now two codes. According to the dealer I went today, they need to replace the charging connector on the car side and do a software update. Yet the charging connector is on national backorder. Very frustrated that a critical part like this is on backorder with no ETA. Anyone know if it actually is or is the dealer trying to not have to do the work? My car is CPO by the way.
my car is also in for a new connector, they put one in yesterday and somehow broke it. So I'm on to just about week #2 of it being in the shop.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
There have been several reports on this forum of not being able to get this part quickly. Good luck to y'all.

If it was mine, I'd drive on gas instead of leaving the car.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If it was mine, I'd drive on gas instead of leaving the car.
I'm about 50/50 on that, I have a new cruze loaner so it's less hassle to just keep driving it. My main complaint is being kept in the dark, I think there's something else going on but the dealer isn't telling me.

I might call the volt advisors and see if they can't assist in getting things moving?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Stories of having to leave the car for a long time are common on this forum. I think it just goes along with having a car with new and unique tech. The parts are not going to be in stock in every dealership and the knowledge about making repairs is probably also spread thin.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I went through the same thing recently. It took two weeks for the dealer to obtain the receptacle.

End result was that the charging unit went bad. The receptacle was their first step in diagnosing my Volt's failing to charge issue.

I took a loaner car since I felt that they would be more motivated than if I drove the Volt on gas waiting for the part to arrive.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I went through the same thing recently. It took two weeks for the dealer to obtain the receptacle.

End result was that the charging unit went bad. The receptacle was their first step in diagnosing my Volt's failing to charge issue.

I took a loaner car since I felt that they would be more motivated than if I drove the Volt on gas waiting for the part to arrive.
I'm mainly annoyed because I literally got the car friday, drove it for one day, took it in saturday, and haven't seen it since. The volt adviser was very nice but there just wasn't anything she could do in order to expedite the part.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I'm about 50/50 on that, I have a new cruze loaner so it's less hassle to just keep driving it. My main complaint is being kept in the dark, I think there's something else going on but the dealer isn't telling me.

I might call the volt advisors and see if they can't assist in getting things moving?
I had the same part replaced on my first 2013 Volt. Took about 2 weeks. They gave me a Malibu loaner. I don't have a problem with it taking a while as long as they take care of my inconvenience as well. They even comped my gas.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I have a 2013 Volt. Yesterday,... Anyone know if it actually is or is the dealer trying to not have to do the work? My car is CPO by the way.
They don't have much incentive in this case to be misleading.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I'm mainly annoyed because I literally got the car friday, drove it for one day, took it in saturday, and haven't seen it since. The volt adviser was very nice but there just wasn't anything she could do in order to expedite the part.
Same here. Got the car Thursday. Very frustrated about this. It seems like a critical part.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great ... I think I'm going to need a receptacle too, and if my dealer is in the same boat, it will be a while until I get the part. At least mine works (just having fitment problems with my Clipper Creek unit, traced to a screwed up receptacle).

·
Registered
320 Posts
Great ... I think I'm going to need a receptacle too, and if my dealer is in the same boat, it will be a while until I get the part. At least mine works (just having fitment problems with my Clipper Creek unit, traced to a screwed up receptacle).
great, if there's 3 of us here waiting on them imagine how many there are nation wide?

3,606 Posts
Hey everybody,

I know that waiting for repair parts can be frustrating, and driving loaner vehicles certainly isn’t as rewarding as driving your Volts! I have a few internal resources I can try to tap to see if there’s any information or assistance I can provide from my end.

If anybody would like my assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to send a private message. Be sure to include your VIN, full contact information, current mileage and the name of your servicing Volt-certified dealership.

Best,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey everybody,

I know that waiting for repair parts can be frustrating, and driving loaner vehicles certainly isn?t as rewarding as driving your Volts! I have a few internal resources I can try to tap to see if there?s any information or assistance I can provide from my end.

If anybody would like my assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to send a private message. Be sure to include your VIN, full contact information, current mileage and the name of your servicing Volt-certified dealership.

Best,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Anyone get their part today? Dealer called and left a message so I couldn't ask questions. Basically said there are more codes now and theyre working g with gm on it. Doesn't sound good.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I keep "stalking" my car at the dealer by checking the OnStar status. I guess I'm weird. It was offline for a couple days because I assume they had the battery disconnected. It's back online today but no charge and not plugged in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts