GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke on the phone with the dealership. Got price down to 17,700 out the door including taxes and fees.

This is my first car purchase of this $$ just want to verify I'm thinking clearly on this car. Thank you in advance for your assistance and thoughts.

Check out a 2015 Chevrolet Volt Premium FWD - $16,995 on CarGurus at https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/211666229

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
No pics of the interior, but assuming it's loaded (can't tell) -- does it have safety packages? Bose? Probably, but should make sure.

It's an OK deal if you don't mind paying just a few thousand lower than a brand new Gen 2--after tax credit. Don't know your tax situation, but you might be able to find an LT in the high 20s, getting you down to around 22 after tax credit. Is the $5k worth it for many more EV miles, brand new car/warranty, and the most recent technology, MyLink, etc.?

Don't get me wrong, you're not getting ripped off, but it's just a question of the value given your situation.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Bose is standard on Premium. Prices will vary around the country. Compared to here (BC) with dollar conversion it's a good price. It translates to $22,300 Cdn. Missed out on one like this by a few days for that price. As posted you can get a new car for a some more money depending on rebates in your State, cars in stock at Chevy dealers near your location and how bad they want to move them whether you can use the federal $7500 tax refund (not every one can, it's not off the top). I ended up with 2013 with 60,000 miles base unit with Bose option for $12,100 US plus taxes and fees.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bose is standard on Premium. Prices will vary around the country. Compared to here (BC) with dollar conversion it's a good price. It translates to $22,300 Cdn. Missed out on one like this by a few days for that price. As posted you can get a new car for a some more money depending on rebates in your State, cars in stock at Chevy dealers near your location and how bad they want to move them whether you can use the federal $7500 tax refund (not every one can, it's not off the top). I ended up with 2013 with 60,000 miles base unit with Bose option for $12,100 US plus taxes and fees.
Is there a way to verify if the car is premium trim or not? I looked at the car today and it did not have premium Bose speakers but did have everything else in the premium trim. Seems strange.https://www.feldmanchevyofhighland....-Chevrolet-Volt-5dr_HB-Highland-MI/3242267703

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
That's NOT a loaded model. It's a base model with leather and rearview camera and the "premium trim package."

The steering wheel is missing the safety package alerts that you can turn on/off (it would be on the left hand side, but it's missing). It does have park assist in the rear, which is helpful.

There is no BOSE emblem on the front speakers, so no bose--no NAV either.

I had the BOSE in my 2013, it was worth it in my opinion. I heard the bose in the 2015 was not as good. It's definitely not as good in my 2017. This may not be a deal killer.

However, the only things this car is really missing from being loaded is the forward collision alert, BOSE, and NAV. If those things don't matter, consider the car. It's got the sport wheels, which I personally think look sharp on the black car. I would just make sure you can live with those other items before pulling the trigger -- it's difficult to add them later. I would ask for a bit more off to sweeten the deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts