GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a Chevrolet Bolt Premier Edition. The first Bolts should be delivered in Norway in Europe during the last two weeks. Nobody knows, when the next cars will arrive and become available to European customers. The Bolt in Europe is called Opel Ampera-e. I have my second Volt, it is kinetic blue 2017 and I love that car. Chevy Volts are no longer available in Europe. I want to get a Chevy Bolt for my wife, but it is even hard to find a good deal in the US and without any tax credits or a prior owner it is a mess with the custom duties and the VAT in total 30%. But I would consider, if a European version could be ordered in the US, because the factory is the same.

Hop also someone from Norway is reading my post and can give me an idea how to get a Bolt from Norway.

Thank you all

Thomas

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I believe I read somewhere that there are 4,000 pre-orders for Ampera-e's in Norway but that GM has only allocated 400 vehicles for it. So I suspect you're in for quite a long wait...

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I'm curious. What did you have to do to your 2017 Volt to have it road legal in Europe?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Your in for a wait if you want an Ampera-e.

Just as a note the Ampera-e and Bolt EV are not 100% identical. The Ampera-e has a Type 2 CCS charge port while the Bolt EV uses a J1772 CCS charge port (CCS is optional in US).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you very much to all of you!

@Fyodor - for the Chevy Volt I had to add sideway turn signals, a rear fog light with an inside control, an automatic leveler for the head lights, a certificate that the led beam is not exceeding 2000 lumen and I had to cover the sideway position lights.
Charging is working very well, my range on battery is around 75miles/120 kilometers - enough for daily business. 78 was peak so far.
Problem is, that in Europe they want to charge you for the available software updates. Warranty should be worldwide, but is not executed in Europe
that way.

@Neromanceres: Is this the only difference? Can a Bolt be ordered in the US with the Type 2 CCS charge port?
Or is there some kind of adapter available?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Thanks for the info, Tom. It's a question that has come up here from time to time.

·
8,680 Posts
Thank you very much to all of you!

@Fyodor - for the Chevy Volt I had to add sideway turn signals, a rear fog light with an inside control, an automatic leveler for the head lights, a certificate that the led beam is not exceeding 2000 lumen and I had to cover the sideway position lights.
Charging is working very well, my range on battery is around 75miles/120 kilometers - enough for daily business. 78 was peak so far.
Problem is, that in Europe they want to charge you for the available software updates. Warranty should be worldwide, but is not executed in Europe
that way.

@Neromanceres: Is this the only difference? Can a Bolt be ordered in the US with the Type 2 CCS charge port?
Or is there some kind of adapter available?
No and no. The Bolt cannot be ordered in the US with a Type 2 port, which would be useless here since there aren't any matching cords, and there's no adapter for CCS - the CCS standards organization forbids adapters and extension cords at this time.

AC charging is a lot easier - the J1772 plug is the same as the European Type 1 plug, so a simple Type 2 to Type 1 cord should give reliable one phase charging.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts