1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Fingers crossed! Please do it right GM and offer all options such as AWD, supercruise and even "homelink" on the PHEV version...

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
No, GM is one of the few manufacturers that follows up their concepts to production since Harley Earl began the "concept" idea. As proof, the Volt was a concept first. As for the Buick Velite, you didn't read the entire article, nor followed GM news. The Buick Velite 5 begins production this year.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
As for the Buick Velite, you didn't read the entire article, nor followed GM news. The Buick Velite 5 begins production this year.
Yes, but the concept Velite was styled differently from the final "Velite 5", which basically is a rebadged Gen 2 Volt. The concept Velite had a totally different nose and looked more like a traditional hatchback versus a liftback the Volt is.

Velite Concept:

Velite 5:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
No, GM is one of the few manufacturers that follows up their concepts to production since Harley Earl began the "concept" idea. As proof, the Volt was a concept first. As for the Buick Velite, you didn't read the entire article, nor followed GM news. The Buick Velite 5 begins production this year.
And GM did not produce the Voltec SUV "MP5" which looked far more production oriented than the Velite concept...

Still, there is concern, ICE CT6 has options for AWD, 34 speaker sounds system and supercruise, yet they're all omitted from the CT6 PHEV...

·
Registered
13,625 Posts
I'll buy one if they make one. And if they don't the current contender for the next LLninja household vehicle is a Subaru Outback, so AWD is a must.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
If the name is any indication, not gonna happen.
See the other FNR.
This at least looks kinda like a real car (at least the very small portion you can see) - as opposed to the wildly out there FNR.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
If the name is any indication, not gonna happen.
See the other FNR.
This at least looks kinda like a real car (at least the very small portion you can see) - as opposed to the wildly out there FNR.
I wouldn't hold any weight to the name; Chevy wouldn't waste resources to build something to that doomed to fail...Chevy usually uses full names, yet the four door sedan, the SS, is a recent break to the tradition...FNR isn't the worst name they could use especially if they're pushing a powerful and aggressively looking crossover to take off-roading...While I usually prefer "aggressive" to "vanilla", if they're remaking the Izuzu VehiCross, I'm not so sure that's the right SUV/crossover to make a PHEV out of...Probably better off to PHEV an AWD Equinox...

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Did you even look up the FNR?
I wasn't saying the three letter name is why it won't fly. I was saying it because of what those three letters are, and the FNR shown in past years was very conceptual/extreme, and not real world.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Did you even look up the FNR?
I wasn't saying the three letter name is why it won't fly. I was saying it because of what those three letters are, and the FNR shown in past years was very conceptual/extreme, and not real world.

Yes, I read the article which mentions the "old" FNR which appears to be more of a coupe...Yet the "new" FNR-X should appear at the autoshow in a couple of weeks...All we can do is speculate, there may be little link between the FNR and the FNR-X besides the first three letters...

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
3,468 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts

·
Registered