GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if there are any extra features that you get with the Bose Sound Package or if it's just a speaker upgrade. I'm interested in being able to dump a ton of MP3s on a memory card/usb drive and be able to play them. Can I do that with the base package?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Curious if there are any extra features that you get with the Bose Sound Package or if it's just a speaker upgrade. I'm interested in being able to dump a ton of MP3s on a memory card/usb drive and be able to play them. Can I do that with the base package?
It also includes a compact subwofer. There have been a few threads about people wondering if they could upgrade a base package after the fact and I recall they usually came up empty.

The base speaker package will have no bearing on your ability to listen to music ripped on a usb drive.

So your decision will have to be based on whether you can hear the differnce between stock and bose speakers. I personally think its a worthwhile upgrade.

If you really are concerned bring an MP3 song or album ripped on a usb drive and play it at the dealership. Maybe they'll have both mdoels, so you can listen to the difference. Good luck.

·
Registered
208 Posts
the bose stereo system is a two part process that involves two separate upgrades at least in my 2015 gen1 volt
the bose stereo itself is part of a $1,000 upgrade, while the bose speakers are part of a $500 separate upgrade
all total my 2015 volt premium has all the extra options at a $4,000 upgrade including alloy optional factory wheels

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think it's just speakers and a couple of settings, but I was wrong once before. I don't know how many songs are in a ton, but I'm using the same 32 gig flashdrive I had on my C-Max Energi. It has over 5000 songs, so I just hit shuffle and the chance of hearing the same song are remote. Random would be better, as it plays all the songs before repeating, but shuffle has worked so far.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answers guys! Not really an audiophile so the base package will likely be good enough but I'll try taking a flash drive with me when I go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts