GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wannabe 2017 Volt owner here.

Volts are still not in South Carolina. Local dealers said they should find out when they will get them in the next few weeks. I know what options I want, but am not willing to blindly order one until I test drive one first. The dealers in Charlotte (3+ hours away) have had them for a couple of months already and I'm getting antsy.

Anyone else having trouble even seeing one?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I would think so -- in my situation I ordered a 2017 on 4-30-16, just got my TPW of 5-30.

I put down a 500 deposit - and was told it's refundable for any reason (Credit card)

This was at the biggest volt mover in N. texas - so I don't think they would have a problem moving it should something catastrophic happen with me buying.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Looks like the last states to see them are North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming. Shouldn't be a problem if you order and don't buy, they seem to be selling pretty well. Doubt that you will not want it after you drive it!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nope, My lease was up in March, couldn't order one with Adaptive Cruise, so gonna "tough it out" in a new Subaru Putback Limited for 36 months then MAYBE someone will have an electric SUV. Love my ACC and Lane KEEP, not just warning beeps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2017 Volts have been in Greenville SC for months.
Call Kevin Whitaker Chevrolet, ask for Ed. They are a high volume Volt dealer for the state.
I have test driven 2.
Greenville is even farther than Charlotte for me. But if I don't get an answer from the local dealers I will plan a roadtrip. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Kevin Whitaker has 1 in stock, and it is in transit to the dealership. Atlanta has about 30 new ones among the various dealership in the metro area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally!

I finally test drove a Volt on Saturday and bought one that same day. They are getting the one I wanted from another dealer so I won't have it until later today or tomorrow. Spent yesterday cleaning out the garage so my new baby won't have to sleep outside :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts