GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, that's an option for the LT models under ambient lighting. It's about $650 CAD at my local dealer to get the ambient lighting package. Decided to pass on it for now, but yes I'm sure that's possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I really appreciate your response. But from my understanding, ambient lighting is actually not the swoosh lights in the doors. It is only in the foot-wells and the drink holders. Which most other users here definitely agree is a complete ripoff.

I'm specifically talking about the light tubes in the door panels.

Out of curiosity I just looked at a Chevy parts site and don't see that the light tubes can be purchased separately. It looks like I'd have to buy an entire door panel for the premier model. Though the price for a door panel isn't really that obnoxious at $230 each.

Something strange though. When looking up prices for the door panel for a premier it is the exact same price for the panel in the LT. So why is the premier panel with the lights the same price?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, that's an option for the LT models under ambient lighting. It's about $650 CAD at my local dealer to get the ambient lighting package. Decided to pass on it for now, but yes I'm sure that's possible.

The Ambient Light Option does NOT include the door accents. The door accents are standard on the Premier.

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
Anything is possible with time, effort, and money. Whether it's worth the money to retrofit an LT is really the question. It's day try to find the parts from a totaled premier with the same color interior.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Ambient Light Option does NOT include the door accents. The door accents are standard on the Premier.
Whoops, sorry! Guess my point is moot then. Though getting the ambient lighting in the cup holders and under the foot wells is a good alternative.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I've been toying with the idea of DIY the swoop lighting as well. Not handy at all so I have lower standards, so I was thinking of just laying the following along the groove in my LT's doors with some hot glue:

https://www.amazon.com/Raysell-5Met...hant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1486093980&sr=1-5&th=1

I'd run power to my 12V accessory power strip where I can individually turn on each swoop. I personally wouldn't think the clear tubes would be that ugly in daylight when off, but again, lower standards with lower handiness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts