GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This dealership (in Trumansburg, NY) is part of the same family of dealers where I leased my 2017 LT (Ithaca, NY), and I think I got a good deal at the time, but I've never been back there because I live near Syracuse, and I've never needed more than routine maintenance. I have not seen much discussion here lately about 2018s. The credit may be gone, but they are offering a discount of $15K+ off of the MSRP, which seems better.

Peter

·
Administrator
20,654 Posts
A new Volt under $20k? If you don't need the extras that come with the Premier trim, it seems like a good deal. What are other new 2018's going for? That would be the way to tell if it's a great deal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This does seem like a very good deal. Around here in NC you find used '17 LTs with 30k miles in this price range. It almost feels like the price is to get you in the door. Be ware of dealer's fees and other tack ons. Am willing to bet that this advertised price includes all the rebate/credit stacking...

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
As a reference Tesla has offered me $17,100 for my 2017 Premier w/ACC and 27K miles as a trade.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Sounds like a deal. My 18 LT with basic comfort package only bought in November came to almost 21, including $7500 tax credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Ditto on the great deal if it is real. OP should call and find out. I went to their website and they have 4 2018's at that price and 4 2019 @ $24,999.00. No premiers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just called. As of today, these numbers are not in affect as they have to wait for July's incentives... but.... they did include the NY State rebate (approx $1700 according to the salesperson) and an additional rebate (did not disclose) that had to do with being in THEIR zipcode (in other words... a local purchase).

She will be calling me back when the new incentives are disclosed and I will gladly post here.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Seems like a good deal to me. I got $19k for my 16 Volt Premier 26k miles, back in December as a trade-in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What is the mileage on a new 2018 Volt? If it is over 1,500 miles it is considered to be a demo and not eligible for the tax credit, that is probably why it was discounted 15K. I bought a new 2018 Premier in March and with a Tax credit, it will cost me 18,500. I am still eligible to take a full 7,500 Fed tax credit.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Seems like a good price to me. I paid $17,000 for my 2017 LT with over 40K miles in Feb of this year and it was by far the cheapest 2017 that I could in this part of the country.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts