GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to connect a new 16 Gig Nano using the USB port. This works intermittently at best, most of the time I get a “No device found” statement. My stone age cellphone is using Bluetooth. The dealership is at a loss to help. Shot of getting a new phone, does anyone have an idea about this? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,968 Posts
Have you read the infotainment manual regarding acceptable devices, file formats, naming, etc.?

·
Registered
948 Posts
I first used a 16GB iPod Nano 5th Gen with my 2016, and had the same experience - would have to reboot the iPod a lot and then it would work, but it was still frustrating. I stopped trying when I started using my iPhone 6 with Car Play and that works much better.

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
My 5th generation iPod works intermittently with the USB port. I have since reverted to plugging the USB cable into a cigarette adapter for charging and using an aux cable in the 3.5mm Jack. That works perfectly every time, but requires two cables. Most of the time I just Bluetooth stream through my iPhone, but sometimes I want to listen to 80s alternative music from my college CD collection which is all on the iPod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts