GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an iPhone plugged in via the USB port in my 2012 Volt. I can pull up a list of Albums and a list of Artists. The problem is that when I select an artist, I see all of their songs! There's no intermediate step between selecting the artist where I can select an album to get to the songs.

Is this just the way it is or is there some hidden menu setting where I can select an Artist then see the albums for that artist and then start playing?

·
Registered
33 Posts
No, you aren't missing anything. I haven't hooked up an iPhone to my Volt as I don't own one anymore but in my last vehicle with the iPod interface worked this way. This is the way GM has designed their iPod interface. It's not very good. I always ended up playing music from my iPhone and using the vehicle controls to skip songs and such, but I never used the interface to songs to play.

Another option is to make a playlists and play those.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Another reason that I just have all my music sorted into folders by letter (and subfolders by artist/album, repectively) on an SD card.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It seems odd that songs are in order if you pull them up by album, but not by artist. For whatever reason, GM just doesn't use the album sequences or information when sorting by artist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts