GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning when I tried to select my iPod, the Volt said nothing was connected. I pulled the plug and reconnected it and the Volt said this media can't be used. Huh? It worked the other day. I had to reboot the iPod and connect it again.

Also, anyone notice that the volume from the iPod source gets louder after you turn the car off? I don't have the road noise compensator thing enabled, and even if I did, it shouldn't raise the volume when the car is stopped! I haven't noticed that issue with radio sources, but I don't listen to a lot of music from the radio so this observation is suspect.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had to reset my ipod 5-6 times in the last 6 week , it is a pain, do not know whether I need to update the firmware of ipod

·
Registered
354 Posts
the Volt said this media can't be used.
I have experienced this exact same message with USB flashdrives that I had previously used with no problem and have since used again.

I think our 10 million lines of code should be 10 million and 1, or 100. ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't get that. I have the problem where the song is playing but have no audio. Unplugging the USB and plugging back in sometimes helps. Or I have to power off and back on the iPod. I'm using a 1st gen ipod touch which hasn't had a new firmware update in a very long time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I haven't tried the iPod/iPhone via USB on the Volt yet but on other cars, I've hated that route. The brilliance of the iPod or iPhone is the user interface. Out of thousands of songs, you can find the one you want in about 5 seconds. Again, I haven't tried it on the Volt yet, but other car stereo systems cannot come close to replicating that usability.

I plan on just using the aux input for my iPhone.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Center console

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice coin holder. Is that double sided tape? Do you have a links for that coin holder? Seems simple, but effective.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ipod via Bluetooth....

In both my other cars (Leaf and Prius) I could just sit in, them turn them on and the bluetooth would connect to my IPhone and start playing what ever I was listening to. I'm very suprised that a car with as much technology as this car cant to that, I'm not happy with having to plug-in every time I sit in the car. is there an after market fix to this issue?

·
Registered
118 Posts
In both my other cars (Leaf and Prius) I could just sit in, them turn them on and the bluetooth would connect to my IPhone and start playing what ever I was listening to. I'm very suprised that a car with as much technology as this car cant to that, I'm not happy with having to plug-in every time I sit in the car. is there an after market fix to this issue?
Agreed. Love the built in bluetooth in the LEAF and it's annoying it's not standard Volt equipment. I believe the fix is Mylink (a $100 upgrade) which I think just started shipping in the recently built 2012 models.

I am not aware of any aftermarket fixes.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Of course there is an aftermarket cheap fix, a Blackberry Gateway with audio cable and USB power:

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?6116-Bluetooth-Streaming-Audio-Solution&highlight=gateway

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?10475-Bluetooth-Streaming&highlight=gateway

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thank you, Ranger! That was most helpful.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The first month I had my Volt I had to reset my iPod a few times a week. It was pretty annoying.

I bought a 16GB flash drive at CostCo for $18 (yes, you can find them cheaper online and maybe retail), filled it up with the same tunes, and it has run problem-free for over a month.

Problem solved. I'll sell the iPod for more than the USB drive cost.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Nice coin holder. Is that double sided tape? Do you have a links for that coin holder? Seems simple, but effective.
Yes, 3M tape. You can find them on eBay: Link1 Or amazon: Link2

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The first month I had my Volt I had to reset my iPod a few times a week. It was pretty annoying.

I bought a 16GB flash drive at CostCo for $18 (yes, you can find them cheaper online and maybe retail), filled it up with the same tunes, and it has run problem-free for over a month.

Problem solved. I'll sell the iPod for more than the USB drive cost.
What?!? You mean that a simple cheap flash drive works better than an iPod! Can you say Apple over-hype.

VIN # B0985

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also having to reboot my iPhone about 2-3 times a day. Basically every time I get in my Volt. If I don't my Volt will not see the iPhone. I am also having the issue with USB drive and other iPod getting the "Can't use this media". Is there a Chevy fix for this?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts