1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
I down loaded the app and to me it looks exactly like the OnStar app.

·
Banned
398 Posts
Meanwhile their f'd up bluetooth auto-play, find something to play in his phone - anything, and starts to play every time it can - is driving me INSANE.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Looks nice. Seems a little faster than the Onstar app, but may be my imagination.

One minor non-Volt detail: I have all my GM cars in there - including the 2004 Olds Alero that my daughter drives. On the car selection screen there is no Olds logo to the left of the cars model. Kind of sad they didn't include it for history sake. (Guess Pontiac, Saturn, and Hummer may have suffered a similar fate.)

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
If you have multiple cars, it's easier now to switch between them. Seems to refresh faster like mentioned above. There a couple minor new features. All and all seems to be a solid improvement.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Meanwhile their f'd up bluetooth auto-play, find something to play in his phone - anything, and starts to play every time it can - is driving me INSANE.
Look... I know this is a favorite topic 'round here, but I don't think that behavior is some special affliction just for the Volt. My wife's old Honda Odyssey had the exact same issue. You'd never know what would come blaring out of the speakers upon startup any given day. Heck... I think this problem has been around since time eternal...just take a look at the history and number of makes and models in THIS thread on Apple Support.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Apple Bluetooth has been broken ever since it was first introduced. I would imagine when an Apple iPhone eventually communicates correctly with an Apple notebook, then you can perhaps considered blaming 3rd parties.

I bought an expensive BT headset system so I could use my iPhone while riding a motorcycle.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Boy was I stupid. I had imagined that 3 years later, Apple would have improved their products instead of making them less stable. What a silly thought. Comedy was that my kid's Android works great with it.

AFAIK, there is no such thing as stable BlueTooth communications with any Apple product at all. Not even simple devices made by Apple. They have the absolute worst programmers working for them in the area of BlueTooth of all the major MFRs.

Proof? Androids work better. Windows computers work better. BT data logging works. BT car stereos work. Unless GM buys Apple (ha) it will never get fixed. But if Apple buys GM (more likely), then is will most likely get a whole bunch worse.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Can't believe I have to back Apple... I've been anti-Apple for 20+ years in IT. Just got an iPhone last January. My previous Galaxy S4 Google Play edition would fail to connect properly to Bluetooth or Wi-Fi occasionally, it was one of the reasons I left the Droid world. Not getting updates, spotty issues with everything, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, voice dialing would occasionally stop. Had to reboot it weekly to have a chance of things working. Now my iPhone hasn't failed me once in 16 months now. And I get updates the day they are released, unlike the security and fragmentation disaster Android is...

Apple Bluetooth has been broken ever since it was first introduced. I would imagine when an Apple iPhone eventually communicates correctly with an Apple notebook, then you can perhaps considered blaming 3rd parties.

I bought an expensive BT headset system so I could use my iPhone while riding a motorcycle.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Boy was I stupid. I had imagined that 3 years later, Apple would have improved their products instead of making them less stable. What a silly thought. Comedy was that my kid's Android works great with it.

AFAIK, there is no such thing as stable BlueTooth communications with any Apple product at all. Not even simple devices made by Apple. They have the absolute worst programmers working for them in the area of BlueTooth of all the major MFRs.

Proof? Androids work better. Windows computers work better. BT data logging works. BT car stereos work. Unless GM buys Apple (ha) it will never get fixed. But if Apple buys GM (more likely), then is will most likely get a whole bunch worse.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Boy... Didn't mean to fan the flames of the holy war (android vs. Apple)... I was just saying that it wouldn't be wise to pin such behavior on any one car manufacturer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Avoiding Autoplay

Look... I know this is a favorite topic 'round here, but I don't think that behavior is some special affliction just for the Volt.
Yeah, my hack for the whole autoplay problem is to create a track with 20 minutes of silence and name the song "A" so it sorts to the top of the song list. Then when it autoplays, nobody cares or notices. I don't own a Volt (yet), this is a problem with my Camry and my wife's Outback.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Honestly I like the Onstar app better. The new app has an ugly yellow header on any page besides the front page. Fix that GM, and I'll start using your new app.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Boy... Didn't mean to fan the flames of the holy war (android vs. Apple)... I was just saying that it wouldn't be wise to pin such behavior on any one car manufacturer.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thanks. Looks good.

·
Registered
678 Posts
So, it seems more a cosmetic upgrade than anything else... I don't seem much real difference in functionality in the Android version...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Switched to the new MyChevrolet for android coming from the onstar app.

Really dumb question. For the precondition what's the difference between the Sun in the center of the icon and the X as far as functionality?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the one with the sun is to start the precondition... the one on the right is to cancel / stop it. same way you would operate the horn.

Switched to the new MyChevrolet for android coming from the onstar app.

Really dumb question. For the precondition what's the difference between the Sun in the center of the icon and the X as far as functionality?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts