GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to play music from my Iphone connected thru USB on my Iphone 6, just having a song on apple music app, than open Deezer or Spotify. Now I changed my phone to Iphone XR, I put a mp3 on apple music app (otherwise it will show you no files found) so my music start playing but I have that message "No files found" on center that won't dissapear, and if I press any button, ever turn the volume, it switch to radio. I don't know what is different because I make a backup from my last phone so it is essentially the same software. Iphone XR doesn't have Aux and 2012 Ampera doesn't know Bluetooth soo....USB is my only option
Any ideeas?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don’t know about the files not found, but: You can either get a lightening-to-audio adapter from Apple, or get a USB-Bluetooth dongle for your car. This would get power from the USB and also plug into the car audio in port. pair to the phone and you have wireless music. 2012 was an odd year for GM radios. I used the the USB dongle in my Cruze and it worked great until I got a phone call, then the car couldn’t decide which Bluetooth to use.

Also the radio doesn’t understand apple’s audio format. If you ripped the music yourself or downloaded from another source,you can copy the music to a USB stick and just leave it plugged into the car. If downloaded from Apple you would need to convert them to MP3first.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just solve the problem, I had to input mp3 missing info like Cover art, name of the album.... because the mp3 file on the phone libary was unknown artist and album, so in was like the USB had no audio files in corect format.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts