GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a chance to drive a 2016 for five days while my 2013 was getting repaired. I ran into a few Car Play issues, and wondered if others have seen them and found fixes.

1) While on calls, the call would switch to speakerphone and the head unit would say to attach a compatible device via USB. I had a iPhone 6S Plus with iOS 9.3 attached via USB. This happened a couple of times

2) If I have the phone plugged into Car Play, but am listening to the radio, and use the phone for a non-car play app (say Waze, or my garage app), every time the phone plays a sound, the head unit switches to music, thinking I want to listen to my iPod. It's a annoying as heck. I just want the sound to play over the radio's sound.

3) Once the system got so hung that no manner of unplugging and reconnecting would get Siri to respond via the car's button. I had to turn off the car, open the door, and reconnect the phone to get it working again.

thanks for any insights!

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
The car or may not have had the latest radio software update...Yet yes, after a notification (Waze, FB, FB msger, etc) it will automatically go to BT/USB...GM is not the only automaker to do this, yet all that do this have one common theme, no setting to turn autoplay on/off...Let's just hope apple iOS 10 which will be released in Sept fixing this problem because one could argue it's a safety issue for a new driver using waze trying to mess around with the info systems setting trying to figure out how to just listen to music uninterrupted...As of right now the only fix is to turn all notifications that trigger autoplay off...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I will just plug into USB power only and bluetooth if I need to use Waze. It's just annoying at home with my garage door app. I suppose I can just unplug from USB before I use it.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Thanks. I will just plug into USB power only and bluetooth if I need to use Waze. It's just annoying at home with my garage door app. I suppose I can just unplug from USB before I use it.
An used homelink Gentex mirror goes for $40 USD all the time on ebay...Heck, IDK what the laws in Canada are but it's illegal in most states for a cell phone to be in your hand while driving...I'd be mad to get a citation for trying to open my garage door...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I am sitting in my driveway when I open or close the door. It's just annoying to have my radio cut away if I forget to unplug first

1 - 5 of 5 Posts