GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In January I replaced my 2011 Volt with a new 2014. Overall I'm delighted with the electronic enhancements. However, I can't seem to make the navigation system download addresses from my iPhone to the car. When I touch Destination and select phone book all of my contacts are there, but the car tells me that there's no valid address. All of the addresses are there and work fine with RemoteLink. Does anyone know why I'm having this problem? By the way I use Exchange for my Contacts.

·
Registered
371 Posts
When you look up listings on your iPhone in the OEM Contact app are the addresses present?

I'm guessing not. I think the answer to your quandary is that the Volt is programmed to look up contacts in the OEM Contact app only. GM could not possibly program a Volt to anticipate every conceivable aftermarket alternative app that any Volt buyer might elect to use.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
not what your are asking about but it is interesting that today's up date to the onstar remote app says " improved destination search"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you look up listings on your iPhone in the OEM Contact app are the addresses present?

I'm guessing not. I think the answer to your quandary is that the Volt is programmed to look up contacts in the OEM Contact app only. GM could not possibly program a Volt to anticipate every conceivable aftermarket alternative app that any Volt buyer might elect to use.
Thanks, but that's not the problem. They are all in the OEM app. After some more experimentation it seems some work and some don't, but I can't see any difference. I called Chevy's Infotainment number, but they were not any help.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks, but that's not the problem. They are all in the OEM app. After some more experimentation it seems some work and some don't, but I can't see any difference. I called Chevy's Infotainment number, but they were not any help.
Same problem here. It accepted my sister's address, but others it claims are invalid addresses and to fix them on the mobile phone. Using iPhone 5s with latest iOS installed.

-g

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same problem here. It accepted my sister's address, but others it claims are invalid addresses and to fix them on the mobile phone. Using iPhone 5s with latest iOS installed.

-g
It seems to be completely random to me. Some addresses work but most don't. This is really sloppy engineering.:mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts