GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone capable of photoshopping the silver/polished aluminum trim in the interior? I had a 2014 Summit White prior with the white interior trim and loved it. I don't care for the current polished aluminum trim and would love to have it custom painted white to match my Summit White exterior. I understand it can be time consuming, but if anyone could photoshop the attached pictures I would greatly appreciate it!

-Steele

2016VoltInterior-1024x576.jpg 15635895124_f6019ba289_b.jpg Volt_interior.jpg 2016VoltInterior-1024x576.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
The trim is a turn-off for me, anyway. Surely somebody had something better to do with their time and the customer's money? "We couldn't afford to..." Yes, you could but you turned the opportunity into shiny gewgaw. We've been circling this drain for decades and just never quite escape.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
local window tinting firm removed all larger chrome pieces and black wrapped them...could be a factory installed option!
Urth, that looks fantastic! I think I really like it because it has good contrast against the brown. I wonder if it would be possible to do something like that in white or if I would have to have it painted/powder coated.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Still waiting on my 2017 to be built -- I don't have anything particular against the brushed aluminum look (I'm guessing it's really just plastic made to look metal) my interior will be black leather and black dash, and I have to say that black wrap on the trim looks excellent.

I won't jump into the modding boat instantly when I finally get the car, but I have experience with plastidip and would be very easy to do :) Hope the trim pieces are removeable for easy dipping/wrapping.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Still waiting on my 2017 to be built -- I don't have anything particular against the brushed aluminum look (I'm guessing it's really just plastic made to look metal) my interior will be black leather and black dash, and I have to say that black wrap on the trim looks excellent.

I won't jump into the modding boat instantly when I finally get the car, but I have experience with plastidip and would be very easy to do :) Hope the trim pieces are removeable for easy dipping/wrapping.
At least on the 2016's, it isn't brushed aluminum look, instead it is a shiny bright chrome. I am tempted to do this mod for my car too.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I really like that mod to the chrome look plastic trim. I think it really stands out because of the tan and black colors. The first thing I thought when I saw it was I wonder how bad it will look in a few years when the chrome paint starts to come off like it had on other cars I owned. I Don't know how it will look with a Black/Black interior but then again, todays graphics tend to go with the same colors so it may look really good. There is something called BLACK CHROME also, last I saw it was on Amazon. Oh, are we allowed to say that???? I had thought about dipping it but the car is too new to get into that yet. I also have considered DIPPING the front grille spaces. I don't know, not big on that silver and I think the BOLT is being shown with a black grille space.
Really like that chrome blacked out... thanks for showing it.
R

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
local window tinting firm removed all larger chrome pieces and black wrapped them...could be a factory installed option!
Dam, I like that a lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts