GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all.

I've had an issue with two of the handful of phone calls that I've made while driving in my '14 ELR. I made the calls through my iPhone 6S, connected via Bluetooth to the CUE system.

On both of these calls, the recipient of the call (my mother) said she could hear conversational voices in the background on her end. I was alone in the car, and could hear no sound in the car or on the call that I could mistake for conversation. It was ONLY on her end.

On one of the calls, the voice was present for the entire call (like the source of the interference was traveling near me); on another, the voice started at one point in our conversation, and then 30 seconds later, faded out (like the source was passing me, as some cars were doing at the time).

Anyone else experience a similar issue? Better yet, anyone else experience a similar issue and then find a way to resolve it?

--Chris

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Hello, all.

I've had an issue with two of the handful of phone calls that I've made while driving in my '14 ELR. I made the calls through my iPhone 6S, connected via Bluetooth to the CUE system.

On both of these calls, the recipient of the call (my mother) said she could hear conversational voices in the background on her end. I was alone in the car, and could hear no sound in the car or on the call that I could mistake for conversation. It was ONLY on her end.

On one of the calls, the voice was present for the entire call (like the source of the interference was traveling near me); on another, the voice started at one point in our conversation, and then 30 seconds later, faded out (like the source was passing me, as some cars were doing at the time).

Anyone else experience a similar issue? Better yet, anyone else experience a similar issue and then find a way to resolve it?

--Chris
BT connections use frequency hopping in the same kind of way that cellphones do to "encrypt" transmissions. I'd say it's REALLY unlikely that it's your BT connection that's picking up other conversations. Is Mom talking on a cell phone or a plain old telephone service thing where there's a eventually a wire into a jack, out to a box on the side of the house, and then to a telco pedestal? Because that pedestal is a very likely place to pick up cross-talk from other conversations in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say it's REALLY unlikely that it's your BT connection that's picking up other conversations.
I agree. I think it's more likely some poorly shielded component of CUE, but I don't know where the conversation sounds would be coming from. Possibly from the muted audio source I was listening to before placing the call?

Is Mom talking on a cell phone or a plain old telephone service thing
Mom's very modern. She's on an iPhone 6.

--Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts